New 600 watt setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hkg13, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Hey all, just upgraded my 400 watt system to a 600 watt, it includes:
    600watt mh/hps ballast
    600 watt mh veg bulb
    600 watt super hps flower bulb
    6" 400cfm inline fan
    6" cool tube
    And same 4x4x6.5 tent
    I've managed to keep my air flow, temps and humity under control at 77-80 lights on and 65-70 lights out,
    My question is I know the limits a 400 watt light can do as far as yield,
    Now what about a 600 watt? I have no prior knowledge as far as its yielding potential,
    Example:
    6 kush berry in my setup
    Promix medium
    2 gln pots
    Floranova grow and dnf veg fort for vegging
    Floranova bloom and dnf bloom fort along with bud candy for bloom,

What are my expectations with my new setup?
    Thanx

2. I wouldn't expect a huge difference in yield but defiantly thicker buds and denser internode length

3. I want to know the same thing. what would the yields be using a 600w MH for veg, and a 600w HPS for flower, 1.5gal pots, 2 White Widow, 2 Shishkaberry, 1 Blue domino. soiless grow medium using advanced nutes grow, micro, and bloom, some zenzym, carbo load, overdrive, Bud enhancer, and silica phos.

4. [quote name='"cyXie"']I want to know the same thing. what would the yields be using a 600w MH for veg, and a 600w HPS for flower, 1.5gal pots, 2 White Widow, 2 Shishkaberry, 1 Blue domino. soiless grow medium using advanced nutes grow, micro, and bloom, some zenzym, carbo load, overdrive, Bud enhancer, and silica phos.[/quote]

There is almost now way to tell. Best advice for a good yield is a great veg. Also bigger pots atleast 3 gal for flowering. The better the veg the better the flower!
    Good choice of nutrients too. Might wanna add some big bud and b52.

How much do you want to yield per plant?

5. Well if you average 1/2 gram per watt then thats 100 more grams...not too shabby

6. We use all 600 watt bulbs...
    We harvest in groups of 6 (usually) every 2 weeks and have gotten .8 g per watt and more always.
    The last harvest about a week ago was 1.14g per watt.
    We also use co2 so I'm sure that's helping.

We have used 3 gallon pots and 5 gallon.....I would recommend as someone else said ..3 gallon pot as a min for flowering.

SignSmoker

7. I was thinking a bare minimum of a 4 oz per plant. and a max of 8 oz per plant.

8. 4oz x 6 plants is 24oz which is more than a gram per watt....good luck with that

9. My advise to all new growers, or veteran. Never count your chickens before the eggs hatch. Even though you have a 600 now guarantees nothing. Anything can happen. If you are dialed in though you will def. see tighter buds.

10. So on conclusion u guys are saying that 600 watts won't produce anymore than 400, despite the large diff in lumens?
    I beg to differ but only time will tell,
    I used to pull 8 zips out of a 400 setup and I'd be pretty pissed to get the same results out of a 600 with ideal conditions,

11. I'm not saying you won't. It just not a guarantee. I think you will.

12. [quote name='"Hkg13"']So on conclusion u guys are saying that 600 watts won't produce anymore than 400, despite the large diff in lumens?
    I beg to differ but only time will tell,
    I used to pull 8 zips out of a 400 setup and I'd be pretty pissed to get the same results out of a 600 with ideal conditions,[/quote]

I never said you won't yield more but as long as you know what you doing than you should at least notice denser nugs=higher yield

13. [quote name='"Hkg13"']Hey all, just upgraded my 400 watt system to a 600 watt, it includes:
    600watt mh/hps ballast
    600 watt mh veg bulb
    600 watt super hps flower bulb
    6" 400cfm inline fan
    6" cool tube
    And same 4x4x6.5 tent
    I've managed to keep my air flow, temps and humity under control at 77-80 lights on and 65-70 lights out,
    My question is I know the limits a 400 watt light can do as far as yield,
    Now what about a 600 watt? I have no prior knowledge as far as its yielding potential,
    Example:
    6 kush berry in my setup
    Promix medium
    2 gln pots
    Floranova grow and dnf veg fort for vegging
    Floranova bloom and dnf bloom fort along with bud candy for bloom,

What are my expectations with my new setup?
    Thanx[/quote]

I heard that cool tubes reduce total lumens, and also block UVB radiation, and should only be used as a last resort

14. [quote name='"TinTizzy"']

4oz x 6 plants is 24oz which is more than a gram per watt....good luck with that[/quote]

Not that he should expect it...but we get that and more on a regular basis.
    24.5 on the last harvest a week ago. We use 600 watt lights too.

So it's def possible with the right setup and of course strain will play a part in that also.

SignSmoker

15. [quote name='"signsmoker"']We use all 600 watt bulbs...
    We harvest in groups of 6 (usually) every 2 weeks and have gotten .8 g per watt and more always.
    The last harvest about a week ago was 1.14g per watt.
    We also use co2 so I'm sure that's helping.

We have used 3 gallon pots and 5 gallon.....I would recommend as someone else said ..3 gallon pot as a min for flowering.

SignSmoker[/quote]

Did you weigh it before or after you dried?

16. Ya i use a 400 in my 3x3x6 tent and considered upgrading to a 600 but instead i bought a 240 watt black-star for supplemental light i figured if i bought a 600 i wouldn't know what to do with the 400, you should just run em both and get a 1000 watts pumping i bet you see a difference in your yield than. 2 plants 400 watts id be happy with .4/g now with LED supplement im hoping for .7/g. but who knows maybe i just wasted 200$ :)

17. [quote name='"rarouni"']

Did you weigh it before or after you dried?[/quote]

Both, but the numbers I gave were from after it was dried.

SignSmoker

18. Just think about it, your adding 200 more watts, your obviously going to pull more if you do everything right. Interested to see the setup!