New 4x8x8 setup help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by COEDB33, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Okay, so this is the first time I have had a spot of my own to grow in. I'm not quite sure what the final dimensions will be but it seems to be about 4'x8'x8' for now. The water piping for the basement is right next to this little closet so we were thinking we may as well try out hydro. We have a decent budget to work with so we are trying to do this right. Looking for opinions on what method of hydro you think we should use and the rest of the equipment. Should we go with 2 600s? What quality fans and controllers should we be looking at? Is that a sufficient amount of lighting to warrant the use of CO2?

Any and all advice is much appreciated!

Thanks

2. I just built up an Active Aqua System EBB and Flow that was that exact size for a customer. It has all the bells and whistles. The whole system including lights 2 x 1k, hoods, 4 x led side lighting arrays, humidity control, climate control, carbon filtering, co2 control, 115g reservoir, tank with auto fill, drain, flow kit (hoses, values, etc), air pumps, 12, 1 quart auto nutrient mixer 0.5ml increments, digital grounded timers, light stands, complete mobile hydro table (it's on wheels), and a tablet app that can monitor and control the whole system from anywhere for a little over 4700.00. You can build some very elaborate systems, but if it's your first attempt, I would go small because I have seen, way to many times... people thinking that growing is a simple thing, and it's not, it takes a lot of time and patience to grow nice plants. So like I said, I would go small at first, that way if you don't truly enjoy the whole growing experience, you won't have wasted all kinds of money.