New 1000w Grow WWFemxCrystalFemxG13Fem

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Soaring Spoon, Mar 20, 2012.

1. #41 Soaring Spoon, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2012
    Thanks for the quick replies! I am flushing it with water and then I am going to let it sit in a stew of 200 ppm cal mag grow. I will then add my nutes to that solution after two or three days. RO filter only produces a gallon of RO water per hour so a 30 gallon set up takes some time to refill >.< lol

I just noticed that the Sensi Cal MG mix says do not mix with the base advanced nutrients formula. Should I run the Cal for a few days, empty that water and start fresh with just AN and no Cal?

2. brooooooooooooooo just had a read through your grow and i Have a OPINION:

Firstly i think that the problem here is that ur ph is to low... a ph blow 5.8 locks out magnesium as your friend has kindly stated that he thinks that you have a dificincy....

ph is important.... even more inportant than nutrient solution as it allows your plant to ebsorb different micro minerals and the standard NPK. so what i think is ajust ur ph to 6.0 that seems to be safe in my opinion change ur solution regulary and get a air stone in there if you dont alreayd :D hope i can help more http://forum.grasscity.com/hydropon...ft-systen-scrog-simple-easy-but-big-pull.html

3. Thanks so much for the reply :) Yeah I already have an air stone. And yes when I raised my ph the plants got much better so I will go to 6.0. Do you think I should have the plants sit in a cal mag only soup for a few days and then add my nutes or just throw nutes in and put the ph to 6?

4. hey bro great stuff ur online as well:wave:

yeah i would sujest that you just put the solution in there all together but dont over do it... change the water regulary... i tend to give my plants a flush every week or to for the SMELL LIKE TASTE :D keep the comments coming

5. and yea in my opinion 5.9 an 6.1 should be prime

6. 5.8 is a perfect ph for hydroponics...? Shouldn't be locking anything out at 5.8 bro,,I never had any problems,I kept it 5.8 religously.

Can you post how much of each nutrient your using spoon?

7. Hi Spoon... Looks like phosphorus deficiency to me. Its a deficiency for sure. Probably because of the low nute load, at 1 month you should be giving the full dose. I know you didn't up the dose because you thought it would hurt the plants, but I think that's just what you need. More air in the buckets and more nutes... that's what I suggest. I don't think a plant that is in DWC needs any foliar feeding, just my 2 cents. Good Luck with your grow, Spoon. They are going to snap out of it bro.

8. What's your nutes and the schedule bro?

9. Can't wait dude!

10. PH Chart exposed? Growing Marijuana

yeah should be sweet 5.8 is on the verge of locking out magnesium a little but on a slim chance it seems

11. #52 Soaring Spoon, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
    First off thanks for all the help everyone!
    Sorry for the slow reply been a tad bit busy :smoke:
    So I did end up flushing the water two days ago.

As for the amount of nutes I am not going by oz as much as I am going by ppm. I put in Sensi Cal-mag Grow into the RO water until the ppm was 200. I then added equal parts Sensi Grow A/B unti the ppm reached 843. If I were to guess the amount it would be maybe 13-16oz of Grow A/B combined and 1-2 oz of Cal-Mag maybe.

The plants seem to look much more perky though and the water is going faster then it has ever before. They are drinking a few gallons every day if not a gallon or two in a half day. They are also still growing at a nice pace so I am glad for that.

The water pH is sitting at 5.93. I have hopes that this will alleviate my issues and I guess I will find out in the next few days :)

12. I think you done did good! At least that's the way I would have done it. I'm sure your little buddys will snap out of it with something to eat on. I just screwed up my baby's mama by feeding her too fast. Fried! Why is it that humans never learn from their mistakes? I don't know why I thought I could speed up the whole process. I should have done it like you and have used some restraint. Stoopid Human.

13. I am switching to bloom next week on tuesday. I was wondering do I have to switch the nutes over to bloom on day one or can I keep the veg nutes in for a week in to bloom?

14. #55 SitnSpin, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
    I use General Hydroponics Flora Series with mod Lucas formula. In hydro, I feed according to this Advanced Nutrients chart of the modified lucas formula. I only use the second to the last paragraph of this chart. I had massive growth and no problems whatsoever. I burned my mom that's in soil because I'm just too impatient. This was the fourth straight watering with the grow nutes, set at about 1000 ppm. I knew I was pushing it after the second watering, but I'm a hard head. Fourth time was an instant crisp for sure... poor baby mama.

I think that the idea in hydro is that the plant has everything it needs, when it needs it. In the last month of flowering is were the plant need less N made available to them. In the final weeks, the plants slows down and then stops growing. Even if there was more N the plant would not use it, so that's why the pros say, not to even put it into the mix. The Micro has N in it too. The only real advice I can give you is to follow that second to the last paragraph in the chart. I would use the grow formula into the bloom cycle. The plant needs the N to finish the stretch

Next week when you change the nutes give them about 1000 ppm. Do you have hard water? Because that makes a difference too.

Attached Files:

15. Also, I would let the plants heal and build up a head of steam before I flip them, to get a better yield.

16. Allright pic update time. Plants are looking nice and filling out nicely :) Not really much more to say about the grow at this point just a waiting game now :p

Attached Files:

17. So wow that was 100% the problem. Looked at the plants right after the light came on and they have grooown! I will edit this with pics soon

I dont know, this is the first time I have ever grown this large but my smaller grows still doubled and some tripled in size during bloom. These plants are getting pretty close to just fitting if they tripple. Is it worth the risk of the plants growing too tall but they get to vegging longer? Or just play it safe and switch em.

18. Man that's great news, Spoon! I think you should do what your heart tells you. But they do stretch after the switch, sometimes as much as a foot. Take in to account the max height of your lights.

19. whats wrong with the fourth picture...?