New 1000w Grow WWFemxCrystalFemxG13Fem

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Soaring Spoon, Mar 20, 2012.

1. #21 Soaring Spoon, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2012
    Allright they seemed to be sitting well at 400 so I bumped them up to 500. I have been slow to bump up the ppm, my last grow really didn't like high ppm levels at all. Now I am being too hesitant and killing them lol.

How long do you guys think that it will take for my plant to recover a few days maybe? And once a leaf goes yellow it never comes back green yeah? Really wished I had the mh bulb in I would have seen this happening a while ago. Now I know to give the plants a look over with the hps bulb off. Otherwise it all just looks yellow :smoke:

Thank you all for the fast replies

2. so try mixing some of your grow nutrients with some water in a spray bottle (like 1/4 strength) and spray the underside of your leaves when the lights go out. or like 15 mins before the lights come on :cool:

its called foliar feeding.
    make sure its not strong!! like 100-200 ppms MAX
    you should see a QUICk improvemnt

3. Ok will do that lights die at 12pm and come on at 4pm so thats super easy to do.

Forgive me if this is not related in any way but I just checked the water and they drank about 1.5 gallons from last night. Maybe this is showing some good signs? They have never sucked so much down so fast before but I suppose it could also just be normal growth :confused_2:

4. Forgot to mention that I tied the two smaller WW up. The front right WW is filling out much faster now and it is a dark green and the thin stem is getting much thicker. Sadly the middle back WW is not faring the ppm increase all that well. I would scale back but all my other plants have new growth that is dark green and I see it as 4 outweigh 1.

Could I suspend her net pot in a bucket and use towels to block the light. I would throw in a bubbler and just bring her ppm down until she can fare with the rest.

5. Is this something I should continue to do throughout the grow or just for hunger issues? Also should I mist both when the lights come out and 15 before on or just one?

6. i only like to do it to correct deficencies. lol i fucked that woord UP
    but yeh. its a quick fix, and easy to overdo, unless you know what youre doing.

remember, plants need RAIN too, just regular plain old water to wash the stuff away....

7. Well the back middle WW is in her own pot after a while of soaking in 20 ppm water. Ill keep her on her own until her stalk gets a bit thicker an she gets a bit stronger. There is new growth on all the plants and it all looks nice and green so fingers are crossed :)

8. Leafs seem to be looking better they feel a bit softer. It could be just me though :/ Anyways of course my mH bulb was delayed by ups so I have to wait till monday lol I start foiler feeding today so Ill pop on sunday and update how thats going with some pics :)

9. So I was looking over my plants and I realized something that I can"t believe I never noticed! Where ever the light from the bulb made direct contact with the leaf; the leaf would be yellow. But if you where to look at the leafs that are underneath the yellow leafs, they are a dark dark dark green...there on any leaf in any form of shade. There are leafs that are yellow but only the parts that are in the light. If the leaf is slightly covered the yellow wont even approach those areas.

Any ideas or is this just a mix of crazy heat stress and low ppm?

Unless this is common I really think heat stress may be contributing a good deal to this. I have been waiting for a specific fan but I think I am just going to pick up a bigger fan now and see if this helps at all. I have also lifted the light a considerable amount, I want to see in 24hours if that helps at all.

10. pics help. but the ight being too close can bleach your plants. youll learn to recognize the difference, usually bleaching starts where the light would hit the leaf at the most direct angle....does that make sense?

11. Soo the mH bulb came today....cracked gah this is the fourth bulb and the worst experience I have ever had with Amazon. They just cant ship a fucking bulb. Anyways i am going to shop around to see if I can just buy it from a shop. I will update with new pics.

The plants where staying that the same height for a little while but this morning they had grown and none of the new green growth has any spots or yellowing :)

Attached Files:

12. Hey all update time :hello: On the front middle WW I bent down all the top leaves, that were burnt by the light or starved by low ppms, under the new green leaves. I didn't clip them off although there are a few I can't bend that are over younger green growth.

The top leaves just did not recover so you will see the pics of them pretty yellow and dead. But all the leaves that where growing under the burning leaves are nice and green. The Front Middle WW is back to growing at a faster pace it is already noticeably larger and fatter :D

The other bunch, while greener, I assume because of the heat and closeness of the light are still quite short but they are slowly catching up. Although the G13 seem to be far more squat then the WW.

The back WW you will notice the burnt leaves underneath new green ones. The plant is in a new location and it has covered its once top leaves with new greener ones.

I also believe I might have had a P lockout. It might have been when I added cal mag grow but I dont think so I was really light on that. I have been keeping the pH at 5.6 and that was a mistake with these plants. I think they are liking it better at 5.8 so I am going to try and hold it in the 5.7-6 range occasionally dropping to 5.5 for a day.

I have been foliar spraying every day and that has really been helping thanks fif3l!

Question time: So do you think I should cut the leaves that are blocking the new green undergrowth and can not be bent under. Or should I just cut all the leaves that were exposed to the light and got nice and crispy.

This may put me back a little bit but we are slowly approaching the switch to 12/12 planning on veging for 4-5 weeks.

See you all on the 4th hopefully with new mH pics lol :) Maybe number four is the magic number!

Attached Files:

13. So the fourth mH bulb came today...and it works :smoke:

So I cut off all the huge yellow leaves on the Front WW and she has already filled out all the empty areas that they left. I know that the yellowing was a mix of bleaching and low ppm.

There is a new problem that is constant with all of the plants and I can not tell if its spreading or the pants are just getting larger. It really looks like the P nute lock I was describing before. You will notice all the dark spots on the leaves and they are on every plant. They are still growing and at a much faster pace then before and that is why it is making it hard to see if the problem is being delt with. I am not noticing it on the new growth that is filling out.

The ph is sitting at 5.77 and the ppm is 500. Should I flush or just wait, I will be switching over to 12/12 soon and that comes with a flush and its just a few weeks away.

Since we have a nice blue light installed I took some root shots. They are all nice and filled out and very very white. The only roots that are lacking are the back WW roots. There is nothing wrong with them but there are less roots vs the rest of the plants.

Anyways I would be really worried but everything seems to be in the correct level and the plants are still growing every day so not terribly worried.

Attached Files:

14. #34 Soaring Spoon, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2012
    I keep getting those burn marks on the leaves, not all them mind you but a few leaves. I dont know what it could be I have my ppm at a low low 450 and the ph has been 5.6-5.9. The plants keep growing at a substancial pace but I just can not shake this nute burn or whatever it is.

The leaves that it is affecting are slowly being consumed but the leaves that are green are just staying that way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I really want to raise my ppm but I am afraid that I will kill all my plants :( I have re-calibrated my ph and ppm meter so I know that they are giving me solid readings. Should I just not care about the leaf death because the plants keep growing and eating just fine.

Also on a side note I am approaching week 4 and I plant to switch to 12/12 at week 5 so I am getting ready for some big growth.

15. ok.
    so dont overdo the foliars bro. one time is good, as long as you get it on the bottom side of the leaves. they look really healthy.
    if you spray them with nutrient soltuion with the lights on, you risk burning them

16. can you tell me what nutes ur using, and at what ppm. for each one please.
    it looks like a deficency of some sort, you say your at 600 ppms? thats a lil low for plants that size. especially with a 1000w light bro. it looks like alot of light, not enough nutrients. or just one nutrient is lacking.

17. id actually try upping your nutrients bro.
    and dont forget to wash the nutrient solution off the leaves with "rain" (just regular ol water, it works miracles)

18. alright man, i consulted my growers bible, and this looks like a Mg deficiency. its starting at the bottom, dark spots, and the leaves start to curl up. you need to supplement some kind of mg brotha

19. nice setup bro...id say flush with some clearing solution(any kind) and run plain water and cal-mag for a couple days and go from there:)

20. Can't wait to use your yield dude!