New 1000w Grow room, any thoughts.....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cannabiscrazy7, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Ok, well here is what i have been up to the last month or so. I have moved myself and all of my belongings down the Eureka Ca, Humboldt County USA. I found a roommate who was cool with me setting up a grow shop in my room which I pay $550 a month for. The room had a bed and a table in it which i put into the small closet. The room is 8' by 8'6". I know that my goal is to set up a sea of green ebb and flow 4' by 4' under 1000w HPS for flowering.

For this space I began by deciding exactly how much room I was willing to part with. I decided that I could go 6' by 6' and still have somewhere to sleep and do a small 250w veg and clone station.

I sterilized the room and put white plastic on the walls. I then decide that I would hang my light 3 feet in and 3 feet out so that the center of the light would be positioned in the center of the 6 by 6 grow space.

I bought a large square sun system reflector with 6' in line cooling and hung it using reflector yo-yo's and eye hooked fasted into rafters in the ceiling.

I then went about deciding on where to hang my 8" Vortex 747CFM Inline fan. Once a good spot was located I fasted two more hooks into appropriate spots on the ceiling and two small rubber bungies where used to hang it from its hanger to the eye hooks. Rubber bungies eliminate vibrations that could otherwise be felt and heard throughout the home.

I then fastened a 8" to 6" reducer to the reflecter and assembled the ducting necessary extraction and intake. I ran these to a 3/4 plywood window box with two 8" holes cut one near the top for the extraction (hot air rises) and one near the bottom for intake. screens where fixed over each hole.

temporary 2x4 walls were assembled and plastic attached using fast tap 1 1/2" and nylon washers to prevent tearing.

this is where i am pretty much, I have 10 trainwreck clones under the 1000w 24/0 for now. I plan on keepoing one mother, some clones from each. flower 9.