Never understood the USA laws on cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by growkings, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Ok well GC

Hear it is I never understood how you can go to jail for life for weed after three strikes never understood why you go to jail for 10 years for a joint / weed roach in your ash tray never under stood anything that was good about anything with weed /cannabis in the USA please help me if I am wrong but it was and still is fucked up that people are doing hard time for weed after it is legal please help me understand I think I will never will and never should understand why BC its just FUCKED UP.

Thank from a fellow smoker that would e away for life by now

:) :/ :(

• Like Like x 1
  2. The word marijuana itself is also technically racist as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. really wow why is it going legal in so many states

4. #6 Deleted member 985876, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2018
    Because people in those states have done their research and no longer want to indirectly support locking up mainly minorities like the federal government does.

Edit: Well that's the most important reason but they also probably found the medical research that the government tried to defend and make illegal. So I'm guessing people finally woke up and found out cannabis is safer than alcohol. Also cannabis can also help the economy greatly and also make a shit on of jobs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I see make sense but wow 10 years man its just like beer never mind its nothing like beer you dont see the news saying that someone killed 3 kids from smoking weed :/ and ran them over but Prohibition on did happen just like the war on drugs I mean weed lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well they also tried the same prohibition shit with beer too we all know how that worked out lol. I live in Washington state and crimes involving cannabis deals going bad are now zero. And our cannabis is now safer to smoke because its regulated and if you were to grow it yourself its even safer. Cannabis also has a rich much more positive history in America before 1938. It has an even richer history in Asia and the middle east. THC was thought to of 1st been a mutation developed in the cannabis plant after the ice age. That's right cannabis is as old as the ice age. Technically cannabis existed even before then but had no THC. Something unknown happened the plant and whatever happened made it produced THC. I'm sure about the history of CBD or the other chemicals though.

• Like Like x 2
  7. #9 JohnnyEvergreen, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Okay let's be reasonable her and discuss the impact of "criminals" selling cannabis and their use of violence to perpetuate their control. I conclude that some part of cannabis's legality lays in the muddy waters of criminal intent. That is mostly restricted to the plant and it's by products being illegal.

Much like the prohibition of alcohol and the torment that came with it, making cannabis illegal gives criminals a platform. Thus resulting in death and destruction with blood on the leaves of the plant itself. When in all reality, if it was made legal these individuals and their actions would significantly be decreased. After all, if it was legal you wouldn't have to break the law to get it.

Cannabis has been used as an instrument if you will, to countiue a state of control on our population and to infringe on the mental diagram of how we perceive the plant in general. Feed the masses with bad statistics, freeze the research and information chains, then call it breaking the law when you go against it. One word comes to mind for me, MANIPULATUON.

J Evergreen

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Sorry @MTMLSandman420, didn't see your post until after I hit reply. You beat me to the punch on the idea of prohibition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 10 years for a joint? 3 strikes and prison for life? Where are you getting this information from. I should be serving about 3 or 4 life sentences by now

10. Its okay. I hate bring stats into this but do you know who's getting busting the most of these supposed "crimes" is again minorities. I hate to beat a dead horse but racism doesn't end unless the war on freedom of substance usage does. The War on Marijuana in Black and White even the ACLU agrees.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. It'd illegal everywhere not just the USA lol. Only some states in the us and Amsterdam it's legal and I think Canada lol

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Agree It is a substance just like everything else intell the government wants it to be a substance to take so taking beer and fentanall is better what the government says is good all the time but they hand out these drugs all the time then give you 10 years for a joint I do not see the the right to do so :/ conversation is great for understanding :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. yes in june it will be but i herd that the federal law in a stat down there did pass it read a fourm hear

• Like Like x 1
  14. the states is like that thow the president look at him he is the most recast guy in the USA come on people dont you see that yet lol I am just trying to understand what reality I undersatnd terrest but not everyone in the world is one and cant define all as one OFFF TOPIC A LITTLE :/

15. #17 JohnnyEvergreen, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Well if you are beating a dead horse, I guess I'll grab my brass knuckles and join because ever since the early 1900's cannabis's legality has been pushed by the agenda of minorities,their violence, and the idea that cannabis had a hand in it.

So it was easier to say well look at these Hispanic criminals who smoke marijuana then illegally come into our country and commit crimes. It must be the Reefer, call for MADNESS. Urge the public to slash and burn it for the sake of Americas well being(maybe a little dramatic but you get my point).

Not to mention the other minority groups. It's just disgusting in general to see the level of disinformation and false rhetoric brought to us by the people that have control. Something's got to be done and I'm damn proud of how it's going. If we can keep it up, cannabis will be freed from its shackles and us users along with it.

Make Cannabis Great Again

J Evergreen

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I know this sounds stupid question but have you ever been locked up for smoking a joint ha ha ha ha what an idiot you are man. You don't get locked up for smoking a joint you are totally wrong. Your just angry because it's not totally legal just like where I'm from.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. No i have been I have thats the fucked up part

18. For a detailed accounting as to WHY cannabis is illegal, read this!

The Emperor Wears No Clothes
    Emperor « JackHerer.com

Sandman forgot to mention that DuPont protecting his brand-new synthetic fiber, nylon, from the only viable competitor, non-rotting hemp fiber. While Hurst was protecting his pulp paper industry hemp paper is superior to pulp paper) and used his newspaper to demonize cannabis! They didn't really care about "marijuana", it was hemp that they really feared!

And did you know that the AMA (American Medical Association) OPPOSED making cannabis illegal in 1937? They considered cannabis as a valuable medicine!

STATEMENT OF DR. WILLIAM C. WOODWARD, LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL, AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION, CHICAGO, ILL. (full – 1937)
    Statement of Dr. William C. Woodward, Legislative Council, American Medical Association

"It is with great regret that I find myself in opposition to any measure that is proposed by the Government, and particularly in opposition to any measure that has been proposed by the Secretary of the Treasury for the purpose of suppressing traffic in narcotics." (This was in reference to the new bill (soon to be law) against cannabis.)

You might want to read the statement. It shows how the government played "fast and loose" with the facts.

Granny :wave:

• Winner Winner x 2