Never Taste My Weed

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by DirtyB, Feb 13, 2013.

1. So I was smoking, and lately I've really been trying to compare diff. strains while smoking to really feel different effects than the last strain you smoked.
    (It's easier for me if I start asking myself in my head, "how do I feel")

So what I wanna know is if you taste your weed every time?
    I feel like I can only get a super good taste on random when hitting greens, it's never consistent and I want to know why. Without thinking about it, I would say that almost all herb tastes the same until you start TRYING to get that taste, and then you notice slight hints of lemon, fuel, etc.

*My pieces aren't the problem, have a gridded stemline and a beaker with SH diffy.

2. For me, if I milk my roor or mobius for longer then 2-3 seconds I get a sour taste and I hate it. Since i got the b wilson dd slide that has the onie bowl, i get fresh tastes every time. maybe try smaller hits .

3. when Im smoking from my piece its not even to taste the weed its mostly to get ripped fast and with minimum amount of weed. Try rolling a tight back rolled pinner joint no filter jamaican style , it will bring out so much flavour , which of course can be ruined if you sprinkle even just a little tobacco

4. When I smoke off of bongs and pipes I can barely taste a difference between different strains unless they are significantly different. The smoke taste seems to cover everything up too much.

Vaping is a really good way to smoke if you want to start learning the different tastes and the subtleties of the highs.

5. Use a glass one hitter or steam roller. Light with bee lasso and rinse with alcohol and warm water after each sesh. You'll get the most flavor this way.

6. I can't taste anything with joints. All I get is paper taste/smell

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD6xbUA32XY]Joint Rolling Techniques - Lesson 4 - Backroll - YouTube[/ame]

back roll your joints , less paper , Tighten the roll and no filter smoke is straight jaimaican style , also @OP it could be that some of the weed your getting is undercured , had some crazy dank looking bubble gum but I only realized later it wasnt cured as well . anyways sourdiesel in a joint the taste is amazing hit it nice and slow and enjoy the smoke :smoking:

8. Your pieces actually might be part of the problem; I find in general I don't get too much taste from bongs, IMO if you really want taste look somewhere other than flowers in a water pipe. Nicely rolled joint in good papers, a dry pipe, BHO, or a vape is what you want if you're really looking to taste your stuff well. Very small water pipes can get fairly good flavor, but still much lesser than a dry pipe or vape.

Also If you're hitting a bowl more than once you're only gonna taste it well once or twice, the best way to smoke, especially from bongs, is to only load one hit at a time

9. Vape 100%. The first pull is pure taste.

You know that smell when you bust up a beautiful nug? Yea... That's what you'll taste.

Pretty new to vaping and love it.

10. Could be it, because I prefer milking every rip as compared to little snaps.

11. I don't see how with joints you could taste anything lol..with all the paper, especially on a skinny joint.

12. Yeah saw that lol, more of a blunt person than joint myself, but even with Raws it's still not an ideal way to taste your weed lol.

13. Using hemp wick will greatly increase the flavor of the bud if you are using a bong.

14. when i smoke a blunt using a PLAIN dutch i can taste the difference between the weed

15. Take snaps aka greens everytime, use clean water, clean slide, also try hempwick or a glow rod, that makes the biggest difference for me.

Some of my pieces though are just overly diffused and rape flavor.

16. [quote name='"PostPavilion"']Take snaps aka greens everytime, use clean water, clean slide, also try hempwick or a glow rod, that makes the biggest difference for me.[/quote]

Just a clean piece is general. I use a flower shaped glass screen in my bowl, and zero ash/gunk gets through. Keeps everything a lot cleaner.

17. when i clean my bowl, the bowl itself, not the popper shaft but clean that too, i can taste the weed a lot better. when u have a really resined bowl and smoke it you are heating some resin too and smoking a small amount of bowl res which takes away from the taste. this is easily avoided by keeping your bowl clean. you might also want to start using hemp wick to light your bowls instead of lighters for taste. also, keep your actual piece clean too obviously.

18. Oh yeah cleaner the better. I almost feel bad I don't clean my pieces more but I seem to clean/rotate to a different piece about once a week. So they don't all that dirty. Just imagine the people with stinky ass beakers that never change the water or clean them, I bet they really don't taste the weed haha.

The daisy glass screens work really well, it's really the only way I can use a sinlge hole push anymore. Which isn't too often now that I have various high flow slides.

Just a few more thoughts, also can depend on the weed, may not be the case but say you always get weed from the same source, and it's never cured, well of course you won't ever be able to taste the full flavor. So flushed and cured weed always help as well.

From what I know the best tools for flavor would be, good papers, I know some people like RAW, a simple clean spoon, or a vape of course. Vape is the one method of consumption that should almost always give off some nice flavor.

And personally I used to never be able to taste it like how people talk about the flavors and hints of stuff, etc. Even today I say my sense of taste isn't that great, I can totally taste the weed now but trying to describe the flavor can be tough, some strains though are super tastiful and there's no mistaking either what other object it tastes like, or the strain having it's own distinct taste all to itself. Mmm terpenes.

I guess some people just have a great nose and/or taste buds.