Never Stand In Line Again

Discussion in 'Grasscity Forum Humor' started by elyzi, Jun 6, 2013.

1. #1 elyzi, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
    NEVER STAND IN LINE AGAIN (Gen. Stanley McChrystal U.S.Army)

Some men carry and handle their diplomacy better than others........ 

When former U.S. Military commander in Afghanistan, Stanley McChrystal, was called into the Oval Office by Barack Obama, he knew things weren't going to go well when the President accused him of not supporting him in his political role as President.
    "It's not my job to support you as a politician, Mr. President, it's my job to support you as Commander-in-Chief," McChrystal replied, and he handed Obama his resignation.
    Not satisfied with accepting McChrystal's resignation the President made a cheap parting shot. "I bet when I die you'll be happy to pee on my grave."
    The General saluted. "Mr. President, I always told myself after leaving the Army I'd never stand in line again."

2. Itll be a good day when I pee on his grave.

3. Is this a true story?

4. #4 ByePhilipe, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
    Highly doubt it. I was in the military and there's no fucking way that an army general would ever disrespect the highest person in his chain of command.

And a simple google search shows that he was relieved of his duties. He did not resign.

Even if he did, that's not how you resign in the military. So much wrong with this story.

5. What branch did you serve in, and was it a positive experience? I have no intention of joining my self, I am just curious.

6. Marines. It was hell while I was in but looking back, joining was the best decision I've ever made. It's set me up for a lot of success.

7. That's good that it worked out for you, in the long run at least.

I saw a documentary called "The Invisible War" and it stated something like 1/3 of women in the military were raped. I personally find this disgusting and terrible and by no means do you have to speak on this if you do not want to.

However, if you don't mind I was curious since you have first hand experience, if you have ever seen or heard anything like this?

8. I know of one instance and I've definitely been in situations where male leaders took advantage of their power. They keep a lot of sexual assaults very private though. I remember that the battalion CO told us that they get about one sexual assault a weekend. They just keep it under wraps.

9. Wow things like this make me ashamed to be American, not because it happens, but because it is not stopped. Thank you for sharing I appreciate it.

10. Stop flirting

11. Stop making assumptions.

12. Ewww...gross

13. funny story though. be funnier if it really happened.