Never seen this before... Common?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ogderp84, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Recently given a clone... ( not in great shape ) and nursing it back to health. But I noticed where branches are coming off the main stem... Look like this, I have never seen this before... Is this a common occurrence? Strikes me as odd. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414972678.428981.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414972688.995747.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414972697.444833.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414972707.728102.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1414972724.311524.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Looks completely normal to me

3. Uuuuhhh..... Have you ever grown marijuana before?

4. they are sexing nodules, your plants are fine ......there are no stupid ?'s, just bored stupid asses who have nothing better to do than bitch about ?'s they were asking when they were first learning to grow........ keep up the good work  <a>\\\\//</a>

5. That's a good thing!

6. no i havent

7. i was asking due to one of the branches being purple... while the other is perfectly green. 

8. also.. to answer your question, no i havent... this is my first grow.. and being that this is one stand out characteristic of one of plants in comparison to all the others that this is not going on with... any normal person who doesnt have the vast wealth of knowledge... and over flowing education on the matter that you obviously do, would question whether it is normal. Of course it is not most likely, a problem or something to worry over... but it made me curious as to whether or not it could be some sort of weird genetics. thanks guys. 

9. Perfectly normal mate :) my plants have them too. Although sometimes I've had a look and some of the stems have grown so much, they have started to split..

I like the way they do that. The lower one is usually a leaf? Kinda seems like a solar panel for the buds right above it on the other stem :)

10. he's right I'm just being an ass, your fine.

11. Lol, just wait til you see male flowers.

*___*

12. on mine the lower ones are purple, and a very sad looking leaf, as if its being blocked from the light. while the upper one is thriving! im wondering if i should begining to run this guy... after it was givin to me i noticed someone had topped it, m assuing accidentally since it looks like part of the stem has been ripped... ad there is a hole directly on top, and a knuckle ( idk if its the same veriabge but it looks like if you were to cut to the cambium layer of a tree and they form that knuckle looking "scab" for lack of a better word... i know with trees if you have rot or a hole that water may sit in and cause rot, you' d want to try to fill in the whole or patch it, being that these are such delicate plants and such little temperamental bitches, would it be a smart idea to try to patch or fill said hole? 

13. #13 ogderp84, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
    you know im talking about the branches right? just making sure. not the little hair like things here the branch meets the stem? ive just never seen double stems coming out of on spot... especially every single one on the plant.

14. this is supposed to be a female... it better not have male flowers!!!!

15. I mean if you ever grow plants from seed and have to pick the males out. They look trippy.

Although you still would see them on this plant too, just don't stress it out into turning Hermie.

16. yea that was my biggest concern.

17. Haha. Post a pic of the whole plant. I'm curious.

18. That's just a fan leaf. Common? Every branch coming from a stem should have it.

19. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415083823.150638.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415083837.599897.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415083847.783410.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415083860.816586.jpg