Never post photos from your iphone

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Cnote, Oct 11, 2009.

1. i cannot understand how a thread based on a conspiracy theory has hung around for so long as a sticky, i have never run into any camera/ phone that has not given the user total control over location data (which is a great feature if used wisely). if you have any suspicion of a photo being geo-tagged, view its Properties >> Details...

Photo w/o location data...

PG tray w.o loc.jpg

Photo w/ location data (i erased the lat/lon/alt & Folder path data in the image) ...

PG tray w loc.jpg

i hope the owners will delete or factually repost this scare tactic string.
    there is enough of that running around today without having it in this place.

by the way... on July 21, 1969, at 02:56:15 UTC, men from earth landed and walked on the moon.

• Like Like x 1

2. You do realise this post is 9 years old right??

3. did you not read my first sentence? technology is constantly changing. could there be a better reason to delete (mis)information nearly a decade old?

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Speak to @Lizard King he deals with all tech problems so he'll probably give you some insight on it, I don't personally use an iPhone or the app I use the website on an android phone

5. sorry for the bother... working for years in computer security i just have trouble with self professed experts on topics for which they have little to no knowledge.

6. Old information but no less relevant. When we're using our phone for pictures. We always scrub the location metadata.

7. #287 MidwestMover, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. do androids leave metadatas aswell? *scared*

9. All systems do, but no need to be scared. :) If I am about to post a pic somewhere where I need to hide all extra info, I move the pic to my computer and remove all info from the picture's properties. Have a look at myrhflynn's, post. Easiest way to scrape off the unnecessary info is to select the link at the bottom and then select 'Make copy....'

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Thank you! cause i was thinking about making a grow journal to a huge grow this year but idk yet if i will i got dyslexia
    and i dont have time to correct 2h text a day so will see

• Like Like x 1
  11. The real danger is these forums, if you think agency's and what not don't go through this shit referencing and looking for info then you are dead set kidding yourself, all the info on methods ,camo, pictures and offenders all in one place ,lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. There's always a bored LEO munching donuts looking for even a small photo op to get the attaboy. All they need is reasonable suspicion, not a warrant. A picture of a nice grow and the GPS location (+/-) 90' could do it. I'm legal but don't know any guerrilla growers who post on public forums. Trust no one."

Good advice to all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Just turn your location services off before taking your pics....

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

14. The agencies can suck my nipples, I can grow whatever the hell i want in my garden

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  15. #295 tooslow, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
    There is something relieving about staying within the law;
    something else I don’t have to worry about.

Hah!
    Having said that, I note that I turned off geo-location on day one!

• Like Like x 1
  16. #296 natas-420, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Isn't that pretty much everyone here?! One must sift a lot of sand to decipher the tiny gems hidden within. But, a diligent sifter can find at least find a shiny pebble here and there. GDub SPEC (self pronounced expert in cannabis)

18. Lmfao laser cannons.
    *SNAP!!*
    *Starwars battle sounds*
    SOMEONES LICKIN MY PLOT-!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. 2 large pit bulls in the backyard will keep geo taggers the fuck away.

20. Well noted, thank you for this thread.

• Like Like x 1