Never post photos from your iphone

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Cnote, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Then some hacking ripper finds your plot and takes your pot in one hot shot.

Sent from my VK815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Honestly I feel like the cops don't care enough to be on the lookout or put together a task force and where i live we are everywhere. People post pics to Instagram like its nothing. And they don't live in a legal state. It may sound ignorant but I think people are being safe because I never hear of explosions and it's rarely if ever associated with gang violence.....and we all know it's only a matter of time before you can apply for this job....and so do they.

3. Just don't take photos or videos at all. It just leaves you vulnerable to consequence. I mean it doesn't even take someone sending the picture.... Imagine leaving your phone somewhere and someone else finding it. I hope you use a pin/phone lock but if you don't then anyone can just access your images,videos, contacts, etc.

4. Use a 11 digit code if you have an iPhone without Apples backdoor code it takes on average 127 years to crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. With Android you can turn off your location but that doesn't really truly turn off the location of the phone it can be tracked

6. Well geeze.....I was about to upload some photos of my plants to ask for opinions and guidance. It's my first grow. If I use a regular camera will that keep me safe from looters?

7. Well geeze.....I was about to upload some photos of my plants to ask for opinions and guidance. It's my first grow. If I use a regular camera will that keep me safe from looters?

8. The Grass City software scrubs-removes the location info from pictures uploaded to the city or so the moderators assure me..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks for the heads up! This post had me scrambling to find out if I had geotagging set up on my droid, thank god it wasn't. Not worried about cops in Oregon, but man I get paranoid around the end of September.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I wanted to do a grow journal but to scared now. To bad y'all can't see my bad ass sour diesel.

11. Just use an exif erasing app and you'll be fine.

``\_(^_-)_/``

12. Sound just like the police

13. Guys, you can turn off location services for photos on the iphone.

14. I'm super paranoid about this kind of thing. Did some research, GrassCity definitely scrubs exif data!

15. True and factual! Every photo on iPhone is encrypted with the location of the picture taken.

16. #236 SkunkBud1, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016

17. You are totally correct because if you take the battery out they cannot track it! That is only after the capacitors run out of the little bit of juice they collected from the battery.

18. Thanks for this post. I was just about to post eight pics because this is my first grow and I need more info. Just hit week four of flower and I see seed sites (HERM?) developing. This is a test grow but she looks great and smells strong so i'm going to let her finish and see what we get. The seed sacks look huge though but I am a beginner; so I might just be paranoid. I'm definately not posting pics after reading this though, GOOD LOOK OUT!

19. Smoke another one .....

20. Here is a site you can use to check if what info is available in your pictures:

View Exif online, remove Exif online

For iPhones, just turn off camera under location services to block gps data.