Never Grown in my Life, but now I want to...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ienjoysmokin, Mar 6, 2010.

1. So I picked out the seeds from one of the bags I got before. I just got this idea that instead of throwing them away, I should grow a plant or two. I don't plan to have any professional kind of set up, only a simple plant. I do live with my Mom (I'm not below 18 :rolleyes:) and I just can't be having a bunch of lights and machines or whatever some growers have. So I guess I'm asking, without any bullshit, Can I have the tips on how I should do this? I really wanna have my own plant, and it could save me a lot of money. I think it's annoying that I gotta spend a lot of money on weed each week. Any tips would be great, and remember, I've never grown in my life

2. If you are going to grow indoors, you'll need some kind of lighting. The cheapest and easiest way is to use CFLs (compact fluorescents). Those are the twisty, energy efficient little lights that are replacing regular incandescent light bulbs. On the box it'll say something like 100w equivalent. This bulb is actually 26 watts. You go by the actual watts, not the equivalent, and you'll need about 100 watts to successfully grow a small plant.

When I lived with my parents I always thought about doing a little stealth grow but never did. Now that I live alone, and am actually growing, I can't imaging that it would be possible to successfully grow a plant without someone in the house knowing. There are just too many strange sounds, smells, and behaviors involved with growing weed. I know you probably don't want to hear it, but that's the honest truth.

If anything tell your mom you smoke weed and don't want to always deal with shady drug dealers and the possibility that it could be laced with something. (no one ever laces weed, but she don't know that:D) And say you just want to grow a small amount to safely and responsibly enjoy. Then make her watch "the union" so she can see the truth about this harmless little plant.

3. Nice reply DownShift. +rep

4. Downshift hit the nail on the head, do as he says