Never grown before!! Need help.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 420whitewidow, Nov 2, 2009.

1. So I plan on starting my growing in January because I'm going on vacation and can't leave the plants to themselves.

Would growing in an attic work? If not then I'm gonna grow outside.

What seeds would you recommend for a first timer?

I basically need help from top to bottom. So any advice would help. From seeds to clipping the buds.

Thanks!!

2. ok, so i dont grow a whole fuckton or anything, but as far as seeds go, try growing an indica variety for ur first. they have high yield, relatively quick grow time, and are bred for colder climates. google indica and pick a strain. grow seed bought from a seed bank so u can be sure of quality. check out other beginner grower posts, as they contain baisically everything i know, plus some stuff i dont. if ya got any questions, feel free to send me a message.
    Peace!

3. So indica would be good for my climate I'm guessing. I live in Colorado.

What strain would you recommend? I wanted to grow some white widow but I heard its really hard to grow especially since this is my first grow.

4. I dont know about strains or genetics or anything, but i do know you can grow very successfully in an attic. As long as you have the proper ventilation and etc. Hot thermostat is almost required to make sure your plants dont burn up. But i'm sure you have everything worked out.. Oh and incase you didnt know Phosphorus Bone Meal is amazing and only 4$ at wal mart.. promotes root growth and strength.

5. How long is your vacation? Marijuana runs (generally) on a 16 week cycle.

Is your grow area already set up? Equipment, supplies, etc

6. Yeah, white widow is supposed to be hard. a good indica strain, as far as what i've smoked, is grape ape. the best indica if you could get it would be some kind of afghani, but i've never seen any. start with somethin easy till you are sure you know what your doin. dont waste good widow seeds. any seed you wanna plant, make sure its a light brown. those green and white seeds dont grow.

7. Mine do :D

My best strain "ClosetCrack" puts out the tiniest little white beans. Between myself and the few I've given seed to, we've never had a single bean not germinate.

Top- CC
    Bottom- aK-48

[​IMG]

and here's one at 5 weeks of veg. Friggin huge.

[​IMG]

A whole batch of them @ 5 weeks

[​IMG]

8. ok nice pale seeds, they looked like a light colored version of a regular seed. your closet grow looks to be an indica dominant hybrid. how she smoke?

9. Yea, they're a clusterfuck of genetics. The CC was made by crossing the Cann cup winners for the last 14 yrs.

Smokes like a dream. Last batch (which is where these seeds are from) was very hashy. The ones in the second pic will be the second batch grown here. 1st batch is still in flower, curious to see what we get this time,lol :D

10. Attic grows are notoriously difficult because of temp issues -- ambient temps in an attic are way too hot in summer and way too cold in winter. If you properly insulate and ventilate with heat and cooling then it can be done.

11. Well I live in Colorado so it's gonna be kinda cold outside. But just to make sure i'm gonna buy a thermostat for sure.