Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Never break a bong again?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by kief thief, Feb 7, 2008.

1. So I really want to create either a bong brand or bong accessory that would do this.
    It would be like a thick rubber glove that wraps around the bong and has claps to keep it on.
    I dunno I'm gonna try to make a homemade on first.
    Seems like it could make some money.

2. bong wetsuit

3. sounds cool, but I love how my clear bong looks :(

4. I really don't think there's a way to make an unbreakable bong.

One tiny little air bubble in even a 9mm tube can still cause it to break if it hits the right spot.

I'd say being careful is really the only thing that will make a bong never break again.

Besides...for the money I spend on glass, I don't want to cover it up.

5. Yea, and theres such a big variety in bong shapes... I haven't had one that looks like another. Well, there is this ONE bong I have that I've seen elsewhere, but I didn't buy it :)

I only get bongs that are worth the extra monies :bongin:

6. I've broken so much glass. If you could find some chemical to cover glass with to protect it from breaking, you'd be rich.

7. you fucker I had the exact idea!!! lol.

I'm lazy though so it's all you, good luck =P

8. I think most people want their bong to be clear.

9. You'd put in on for storage not for usage.

10. I've thought of this as well. Give it some sort of skeleton around it covering all the main contact points but leaving some spaces so you can see the milk.

11. I used to put some clear pvc tubing around the base of a couple of my old bongs. Just because i had the bottom break out when someone put it down too hard. Worked like a charm.

12. the spots that were unprotected would break. You need some clear material that is tough... I can't remember what the name of the stuff is, but its perfectly clear, looks alot like plastic, but its so strong that its bulletproof and what not.... I saw it on the discovery channel lol

13. Aren't Hurricanes pretty much unbreakable?

14. maybe like silicone?
    like the ipod cases you could make it clear.
    just a thought...

15. Nah hurricanes are far from unbreakable.

And silicone would be a good idea you're right.

16. ever heard of a bong bag? they have tons of them all sizes at my headshop

17. Yes I think we might know a thing or two about these devices. But a pillow case doesn't work when your trying to smoke now does it? The OP is talking about having a protective enamel so when the pipe is not bagged it will still be safe.

18. the more i think about this the more i want to try silicone, does anyone know how to mold it?

19. This man speaks the truth.

The only thing I would add is to know who youre smoking with, make sure everyone respects the glass as much as you do. You cant have 500.00 worth of heady glass in the hands of fools. Smoking out of expensive glass is much different then smokin a doob or a normal bowl. This is a piece of fine art (expensive as well) and it should be treated as such....with caution and respect.

20. wow, could not have said it better myself.
    Or it could a substitute for a bag. just a thick rubber pad the clings to you piece. The setback being that they'd all have to be custom made.
    This means no online purchasing.
    Well I should make it before I consider marketing I suppose.

Does anyone know how to cast silicone or rubber. Or basically make a cast like for broken limbs around a piece the cover that in rubber.
    having clamps to keep the bong secure during transport.
    But this doesn't solve the usage threat.
    while in use a silicone skin would be the best I think. Good call again whoever said that.