Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Never been drunk before... comparisons to being high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Ranger Smith, Nov 26, 2011.

1. #21 butbeautiful, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    I'd do it, just because having a few beers isn't really comparable to being dangerously drunk. I don't really like drinking. The most I'll have is a few cans of beer or glasses of wine, but beyond that I don't like the feeling of being drunk. But that's just me, man. How are you gonna know if you never find out? :D

Also, I agree with Dvorak's above post on cigarettes. If you decide to go and you smoke, bring them! I totally agree with everything he said.

2. Taste is subjective, the rest only applies to dumbasses that can't handle their alcohol and/or drink too much.

EDIT: Except for hang-overs, but I've never had one unless I mixed booze and liquor.

3. Drinking is fun, if you're looking to get a pleasant buzz, drink a couple of beers. If you want to get drunk, drink straight up liquor. You'll need to drink at least 6-7 beers to start feeling drunk IMO if you're drinking on an empty stomach, but getting drunk off of beer really isn't that fun. You piss a lot, feel bloated and full. After a few drinks of some liquor you'll be buzzing pretty hard without the shitty hangover from beer.

But basically when you're drunk you feel good, euphoria, talk really loud, laugh at stuff you wouldn't normally find very funny, and make bad decisions.

4. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDofPO2ANO8[/ame]

paul banks is drinking in the pic in this video.... this makes me want to try it even more :cool:

5. If you drink them quickly you will get quite a buzz (within 45 mins). When I used to drink I liked to smash down a 1/2 a bottle of jack within 1/2 an hour to get a buzz going and then drink the rest at a more relaxed pace.

Just remember to take it easy, or you'll be in for lots of fun the next morning.

6. [quote name='"Ranger Smith"']Hey guys,

Literally EVERYONE is dry. I have NEVER had alcohol before... it has never appealed to me, because I always figured being high was more "fun", like you feel more pleasure, and it's better.

But what is being drunk like? I am asking because my friend wants me to come over at midnight, drink a few beers and watch "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia", and I also have 2 beers in my fridge for when I get back.

I'm guessing I'll drink about 4 or 5 beers at the most... I'm 6'1, 170-180 pounds.

I've never been drunk before, is it at least somewhat fun? SHould I do it?[/quote]

Dude you've partied with Paul banks and you haven't been drunk?

7. I don't enjoy or look forward to it as much as smoking but if someone offered me a drink i would take it. I actually got my hands on a bottle of grey goose yesterday and had a fun time with two friends walking around downing the bottle and smoking black n milds.

8. I just blew nugs with him, but am more inclined to do so now

9. Dude get drunk and have a blast. Can't hate on drinking. It was an amazingly fun the first time being drunk. Totally unique and something I really did enjoy. It gets old quick though. Being high overall is completely better, body and mind. I have fun doing both sometimes but drinking isn't just what it used to be to me. Weed never really gets old as long as you take breaks from time to time. Sorry to rant im drunk and high atm. Just take it slow on drinking and enjoy it bro!

10. I dunno what beer YOU drink, my friend, but what I drink is almost 8% abv and takes three-four beers to get a buzz going :cool:. I agree with the liquor part (it'll get you drunker faster with no bloated feeling unless you make mixed drinks), but I think you feel that negatively about beer because you don't drink the right stuff.

Not tryin to be a snob or anything, I'm a little drunk and a lot of high right now. Yay beer/booze! I'm switching to Makers Mark if anyone cares. Just as an update.

11. Careful with your drunkeness around other people. I for one, have a very low tolerance for drunk people just being totally irrational towards everything said to them, they get sat down very quickly when being douche bags.

High people I can tolerate alllllllll day, keeping to themselves in their heads.

high females who dont smoke often on the other hand..... Giggling and being weird for hours is annoying.

12. Last time i got drunk i was at turks and caico's beaches all exclusive resort, drank like 5 rum and sprites, 2 long island ice tea's, then kept drinking beers all within 2 hours probably, went to take a shower and fell, broke a toe, cut my head and landed on my shoulder lol.

then i was so drunk, i was yelling rastafarian type phrases like YA MON!!! with my mom dad and younger brothers in the room.

then i puked a shit ton and slept for 14 hours lololol

that was the first time i threw up, but i really dislike getting drunk, i loose control and i dont like that.

13. About the beer part, thats true if you're drinking some beer with a high alcohol content like you said. I just usually get coors or budweiser if I'm drinking beer, but I'm more of a liquor guy. Both of those only contain about 5% ALC so it takes more to get drunk off those, the majority of regular beers only contain 4-5% ALC so its more likely he'll have to drink more to get drunk.

14. [quote name='"Dvorak"']

I dunno what beer YOU drink, my friend, but what I drink is almost 8% abv and takes three-four beers to get a buzz going :cool:. I agree with the liquor part (it'll get you drunker faster with no bloated feeling unless you make mixed drinks), but I think you feel that negatively about beer because you don't drink the right stuff.

Not tryin to be a snob or anything, I'm a little drunk and a lot of high right now. Yay beer/booze! I'm switching to Makers Mark if anyone cares. Just as an update.[/quote]

Well said,

Last night for thanksgiving my cousin got a bunch of delicious beer.. I was feeling buzzed on my 3rd beer.. and every sip is so delicious, and no where near being full :).. I feel sorry for the people who drink abunch of watered down beer:rolleyes:
    Double arrogant bastard ale with like 12%alcohol :)

15. getting drunk was always more fun for me. I always felt bud was safer cause i was usually dd for everyone. so i smoked more than drank. but i love drinking. even now i love beer. i never drink too much that i get hang overs or throw up.

16. Completely different, and dood, I thought you partied with Paul Banks. I heard that guy gets blackout drunk daily yo.

17. I think it can be better than weed depending on the situation. If I had one or the other, alcohol for the parties, weed for small social gatherings. Doing both together is fun. Be careful though. Blackouts sound fun, but I nearly died the other night, way too much liqour way too fast, plus 2 blunts and a beer. I threw up, woke up in some girls house see pics on Facebook I don't remember much. I thought I drank, got sick, and passes out. Turns out there was a one hour time period where I was still going HAM. Whatever it was fun, and supposedly I didn't do anything stupid except throw up (in a trashcan, I'm a responsible drunk, don't even bring keys with me when I go drinking). Whatever though, I'm alive. NO REGRETS BITCH.

18. [quote name='"phil3"']After having to watch a friend of mine to make sure he didn't drown in his own vomit over night, idk why anyone likes getting drunk. Drinking is nice in moderation though.[/quote]

I've been there. It's a good learning experience. I will forever be more careful when getting drunk. If you drink liqour, don't get actually drunk from it. Get a light buzz, little drunk from it. If you want to go further, drink beer.

19. Weed=Hangover Cure

20. This is if you are a dumbshit. If you are a smart person, you can conrol yourself guys. Get drunk, but not too the point where you have to throw-up or pass out. You will be happy at this point. You will have some self-control, yet you may do things you might regret. That's the point of having fun, growing up, and enjoying your life. You might make some mistakes, but that is why if you are planning on getting drunk, have the session your house or a friends house.