Nevada

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by JxP, Apr 15, 2017.

1. #1 JxP, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    I went out west for the 1st time last summer for 2 weeks with my family. We spent our time driving around in a rental car to places like Death Valley, San Francisco, Route 1 and the Grand Canyon. But before we did any of that we stayed in Las Vegas for 2 nights before we hit the road to Death Valley. Turns out, the part of the trip that I thought was going to be the least fun ended up being by far my favorite part. Nevada is such a beautiful and underrated state. I love Vegas and the rest of the sparsely populated state. Something about the mountain ranges and the desert landscape gave me such a great sense of adventure and positivity, and I absolutely love the dry heat. I hate summer, especially up here in western New York where the humidity is always really high and you constantly feel gross and sticky. In the Southwest though, the humidity levels are so low that the 100+ degree weather is actually tolerable, and I can only imagine how nice it must feel during the spring and fall when the temperatures sit at around 75-80.

Heres a few pictures I took. If you guys have visited/live in Nevada, please share ur experiences and pictures, I'd love to read/see them :)

This was our top floor suite view at the Pink Flamingo in Las Vegas that we got upgraded to for free (just by asking if they had any bigger rooms, crazy!). Excuse the crappy iPhone 5C camera as well as whatever those segmented holes are in the window.

View during the daytime. Since we had landed the night before, I wasn't able to see the mountains, so when I woke up I just stared at them for a solid 15 mins. I had never seen mountains that big or majestic in my entire life.

The view from the window by the elevators. The cloud shadows cascading over the hills was incredible.

We left for Death Valley the next morning. I was actually sick that morning due to some questionable choices that were made at the buffet the night before. I clearly remember driving out of the city and I was just amazed at how one moment you were in Vegas, then you were in housing developments, and then all of a sudden theres nothing, like the city just stops. Again, the mountains just amazed me.

I knew Nevada was desolate, but not quite "Hey, we haven't seen another actual town since we left Vegas" kinda desolate. It adds to the charm, but the east coaster in me did get a little nervous thinking about breaking down in the middle of what was basically and uninhabitable desert.

This is my favorite picture: the sky, the mountains majestically sitting in the backdrop, just really love this one for some reason. I wouldn't even mind living in that little mobile home if I could wake up to that view every morning.

Flash forward to our last night out west, staying in a Marriot right by the LV airport. I went to get something out of the car and couldn't help but take a picture. Just look at those mountains. It's kinda bitter sweet to look at this picture because it brings back amazing memories from what is probably the best trip I've ever been on in my entire life. I feel like a married couple showing people my baby photos, but hopefully you guys enjoyed and hopefully yall got something to share also. :)