Nevada Launches Initiative To Legalize For 2016

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Green Wizard, May 29, 2014.

1. #1 Green Wizard, May 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
  2. If this is legit then I'm excited as hell, and I don't even live there! Based on what limited info I got from the link, it sounds like they want a recreational system in place. If so, then thank jesus. We need more states like Colorado and Washington! I just wish the east coast could learn a little something from the west coast. When will New York adopt something like this?

3. @[member="MunchiesMan78"] Ha, with our governor you can kiss the idea of recreational marijuana in NY goodbye.

I'm a born and raised Long Islander, living in Colorado (now currently in NY visiting my parents) and there's no way it'll happen. I mean, I'm REALLY happy Bloomberg finally left office, but I don't know much about DeBlasio and if he'd ever allow marijuana in the city. The same city that illegally search and seizures minorities and bumps all minor marijuana charges to misdemeanors and felonies.

With Cuomo's stance on medical marijuana (i.e 8 state-approved hospitals to only dispense {i think only non-dry flower} to patients of cancer and glaucoma), I can't see recreational marijuana becoming a reality in NY just yet. Not unless it's a ballot, and if the governor would stand behind his constituents. Good news is, however, Chuck Schumer is all for states legalizing marijuana. Yes he may be a bit reluctant on his stance, but better than Cuomo's.

NY is not green-friendly at all, or at least Nassau county and the city.

4. That's awesome news.  Can't wait for the day I can legally grow my own meds.  May move to the states in the future if Canada doesn't allow it.