Netherlands To Ban Pot Tourism?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by howoldami, Nov 17, 2010.

1. california cannabis is better than plants from amsterdam. And you can have culture anywhere you go, you don't need to smoke to enjoy culture

2. Yea I was thinking the same thing but it should be fun watching this whole thing unfold :smoke: I probally won't be going for a few years and even then I can just ask a native to go in and get it for me

3. #23 Twistedd, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2010

You didn't understand anything in my post at all.

I would like to travel outside of the country one day. Either Europe or Caribbeans. If I'm going to Europe, I'm defiantly going to stop by Amsterdam. In which, I could enjoy foreign culture and smoke some cannabis while I'm there.

Nowhere in my post, did I say that Amsterdam has the best weed and that I need to smoke to enjoy it there. So really, the whole post didn't even make sense to what I said.

4. #24 stevizzy, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2010
    I was in Amsterdam this past May and although the quality of the best I found there wasn't up to what we get in this Country. Make no mistake, it's good but we get better here. I didn't see any "crime" associated with any Coffee Shops, even in the Red Light District. The only problems I saw came from Alcohol, not weed. Seems like the rugby crowd can't hold their beer too well.;)

Nearly everyone I spoke to on the flight to AMS was going there to smoke and have fun. Banning marijuana would put a big dent in their tourism. Amsterdam is a great city, clean, safe and one of the few places you don't need a car to see the city...just walk or take a tram or better yet, get a day pass on a canal boat. It's awesome riding around the canals basking in the afternoon sunlight.

5. My theory:

This is complete bullshit, and in fact they want MORE tourism, so they put these threats out every few years so people RUSH to Amsterdam and spend lots of money before they "wont be allowed to anymore".

6. Stupid American tourists....hated seeing them when I was living in Holland. Ruining a great thing...goddamn it.

7. That's funny, most of the people I saw making fools of themselves were drunks from the UK and Australia. The Blokes just can't hold their beer:D

8. looks like if we go there now well have to buy off a sketchy dealer and hell offer other drugs and cause more madness

9. It's the immature tourists' fault... they go there, get wasted, piss in their fucking canals, and dip.... no respect...

10. If I was in Amsterdam and I saw another tourist pissing in the canal, I'd stick him. That is kinda fucked up though.

11. wasn't exactly disputing anything you said. way to not understand anything in my post and be a dick about it.

12. Nowhere in this post did I say anything about Amsterdam having the best weed.

This is merely an opinion.

I wasn't being a dick, you just had my post misconstrued. I can be a dick, and you would know when I'm being one. I make it very clear when I am.

13. Kinda like nowhere in HIS post did he ever say that you said Amsterdam had the best weed.

Nobody said that. :wave:

14. your taking this too personally. do whatever you want.

now lets stop arguing before we derail this thread any further.

15. Way to go Amsterdam, getting GC all up in arms n' shit.

16. Won't happen. Was in Amsterdam recently and spoke to several coffeeshop workers and a tour guide we went round with; their economy relies far too heavily on the soft drug trade. The amount of money it brings into Amsterdam is ridiculous, indirectly as well as the direct taxation revenue they make off of it. Think of all the food, hotels, drinks, souvenirs etc. etc. all stoned tourists buy.

Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but in the EU I'm pretty sure free trade and movement laws make it illegal to ban an EU citizen from doing something in an EU country that residents of that country are allowed to do under domestic law.