Netflix vs amazon video?????

Discussion in 'General' started by letsmokeasweet, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Hey everyone
    So I'm going to get Netflix turn back on, but before I do that I was thinking of trying the amazon video for a month Instead...so......
    has anyone used amazon video?
    I see people using Netflix from time to time and idk, i had it before and it was ok. it had tv shows i like.
    but its like i never find that badass movie I WANT to see. it was asif i had to look a bunch of times before i settle on something. some times i want new movies just released and sometmes i like older movies and it seems like netflix only had crappy movies that no one wants to see or someting. So I was curious how the amazon video people like it instead?
    Thanks

Maybe there's something else, better I can get on my ps3?

2. Curious to see what the amazon video people have to say, I for one have not used it before. I hadn't even heard of it before I read your thread lol. I do have Netflix and love it and would recommend it to anybody. It's worth every penny IMO. But at the same time you can find just about everything on the internet so if you're looking to watch newer movies instead of just kinda browsing then you might want just hop on google. My favorite part about Netflix is their tv show House of Cards :p

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. You get Amazon Video free with a Prime membership, right? Netflix is a monthly charge for a reason.

Netflix > Amazon Video and I have tried both.

4. Currently have both..netflix gets used way more. Go with netflix

5. even if you are a member of amazon prime there is still shit you have to pay to watch on video

6. I currently have the big three. Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video.. Each has it own uniqueness.

Netflix just has about everything you want.. But lots of TV shows and recent movies.

Hulu has the criterion collection and lots of old films that are pretty cool.

Prime has new shit. Meh honestly I only use the instant video to watch new episodes of TV shows coming out at a big discount compared to my Apple TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity F

7. I have hulu and it sucks balls..the ads used to be 15 or 30 seconds..now they are 3 minutes.

8. @[member="lFourTwenty"]

I remember I signed up for hulu after using the free service for a while because there were several shows I wanted to watch. I was sick of the long ass commercials in between so I decided to try hulu plus for a week for free. When I found out there were still commercials, I unsubscribed immediately. It's bullshit.
    As for amazon, I am a prime member but haven't taken much time to browse. The few things I have looked for weren't free.
    Netflix is where it's at imo. It is shitty that they pull stuff sometimes, but for the most part there is plenty to watch.

9. Netflix IMHO. fuck hulu and the commercials. Amazon IDK

10. i actually just ended my membership to netflix. I had it a little over a year enjoyed it for a while but then after like 5 months i noticed im spending a good 15 minutes trying to find something interesting to watch. They just dont have enough tv shows that i like, and seems like they dont update their library that much. Just not worth my 8 bucks a month now.
    NOW i use couchtuner.eu its a GREAT website with just about every tv show you can think of with every season of that show.
    Go check it out its FREE!!! Worlds better than Netflix, Netflix just has a ton of "filler" movies that nobody has even heard of. 

11. They pretty much have the same things, I use Netflix and rarely use Amazon Prime.

12. No. The prime membership gives you access to prime instant videos for free. In addition you can rent/buy other instant video movies that netflix doesn't have. amazon has a much bigger selection of new releases and older movies. Also, amazon has bigger selection of shows as well.

Amazon > netflix by far.