Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime or DTV

Discussion in 'General' started by DieselG, Mar 11, 2012.

1. I've been a Directv subscriber for more than 10 years. Started out with the little set top boxes, moved on to the Tivo box (it was the shit!) and then on to Directv's own proprietary digital recorder.

Over the years I've grown weary of calling their customer support to report the random failures we experience. We've run through a half a dozen of Directv's recorders, and about three or four Tivo boxes. Shows start and stop at random times, don't record the last 30 seconds of many shows, the weather jacks with the signal, the annoyances keep adding up. Add to that there is nothing worth watching on it, and the cost keeps going up. We're looking at the alternatives.

We've got a Wii and broadband, so on to the top three online providers. First up is Netflix. On a wireless connection, we've had no buffering events, even when using the microwave. Good content availability. Love the no commercials. Don't care for the lag in getting new shows on, but we don't watch a whole lot of the newest shows anyway. And for the stuff we cannot bear to miss, there are still torrents.

We'll give it a week, and then try the other two. But from our first look at Netflix, it looks like we'll be kicking Directv to the curb.

Anyone else using one of these online services exclusively? What do you think of it?

2. netflix is your best choice. and they constantly update. you can watch everything for just 8 bucks a month, that shit crae

3. I use netflix and hulu plus exclusively. It has saved me almost $100 a month since I got rid of my cable service from comcast. Hulu and netflix are nice because I get access to all the shows I WANT to watch, but I lose the ability to just plop on the couch and veg mindlessly to whatever crap programing is on. I also have to watch newly aired network shows a day or two late but thats not biggie.