Nervous

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Crooksallday, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Playing my first show with my band tomorrow. Anyone with experience got any advice? Can't really focus.

2. Don't be shy.

3. you're playing but no one can see or hear you. you're playing for you and your band mates and that is it, no one else matters

4. Oh come on... you didn't just say that!

You gotta play to the crowd! That's what it's all about! It's a SHOW.

Not a studio session...

5. if he is having problems focusing, paying attention to the crowd isn't going to help

6. What instrument do you play? What kinda music do you guys play?

7. I thought he meant 'can't really focus right now' ... not at the show...

But if he has to focus on his fingers on the stage, may be he should practice more before going on stage.

Hm...

On second thought...

Yeah man. Wear dark sunglasses and just look at your fingers and your band members.

8. Dont play too quiet, its naturla to be shy and turn it down on your first show. Dont stand still move around and have fun man and last but not least try to get the crowd involved

9. Don't worry about your band sucking. All local bands suck. If you think yours doesn't, you're wrong.

Just go out, play music, and try not to play the wrong notes. Have fun.

10. Don't think about it until the show, and even then don't think about it, just focus on the music and know that you are in complete control...

11. honestly...have a few drinks before the show, youll feel alot better about performing

12. I play the bass, were an instrumental jam band. We play a bunch of jazz, psychedelic sounding stuff. Performing in a couple hours, ahhhhh.:confused:

13. Good luck man I wishing the best for you!

14. I think the obvious answer is to smoke some tree:)

15. Act natural, you got this man. Don't stand still, work the stage, get hyped up entertain the crowd they're there to worship your mad skills for a night.

16. Don't try to overplay or try too hard to impress the crowd, this usually leads to mistakes. Play what you know, how you practiced it. People would rather hear something decent played perfectly than something awesome played with a couple fuckups (which would make it not awesome).

Most of all, have fun. I know how you feel, it's hard. If you don't think about it so much, after half an hour you'll be wondering what the hell you were worried about in the first place.

17. How is that not a drug, dude?
    And anyway, I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't need any drugs to perform. Don't wanna get into that habit, especially if you always perform under the influence of a particular drug, then find out right before a show that you can't get ahold of any of it. Meh.

18. Just got back from the show, went by pretty damn smooth, I took some of your advice, just worked on playing something decent perfectly. Transitions were eh, but I'll live. Overall great experience, can't wait for future shows.:hello: