Nervous About The Drug Test I Just Took...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dubular, May 21, 2014.

1. The bane of blades everywhere, the pre-employment drug screen. I had to do one today. I used the substitution method, but I didn't have enough to get above the line. I drank a couple bottles of water this morning to dillute myself a bit, and as it was, I had to top it off a bit. My friend who I got the urine from didn't really have to go at the time, and I was running late the way it was.

I used hand warmers to keep it up to temp, and the temperature strip on the bottom of the cup showed up green indicating the correcting temp range.

This whole 'topping it off' thing has me nervous though. I maybe added 1/4 my own piss, and I'm worried that's gonna throw it off. It was a split sample thing, and I'm not entirely sure how that will play into it.

Basically, should I be nervous about this? I was smoking yesterday, so it's not like I took a break or anything, but I'm hoping the water dilluted it enough that it's not noticeable. Also, will the lab be able to detect that it's from two different people?

2. It will probably test positive for thc if you have been using lately

3. Basically your fucked. Either they notice two different dna's or the thc will show because even the smallest amount will show.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. Im really sorry but you are fucked

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

5. #5 4r5t6y7, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
    You may have a chance. You did dilute your own urine just in case and that was a good move ( as long as your friends urine was the yellow enough ).  And IF it IS a lab test then you are for sure fucked.  But if it's a dipping stick test then You may have a chance.  Only one way to find out and that is time.

6. I would have just told them that you didn't have to go at the time, and given them the cup 3/4 full with your friend's piss. Adding your own was a big mistake mate... As someone already said, if it's a lab test you're fucked. Better luck next time.

7. I went and took a pre-employment drug test today i had to piss in the cup and it showed the results right then. I was pretty confident about it because i quit smoking 2 months ago.

I had hung out with tony montana if you know what i mean so that was in the back of my mind but that was 9 days ago so i was pretty sure i was clean. 

She looks at it and says it looks like you've flunked for thc, i grabbed the cup and said what?! i thought to myself there is no way in fuck i have thc in my body its been 2 months. I only weigh 170 i exercise regularly i play basketball literally every night and i also quit drinkin soda the same day i quit blazing so since then its been nothing but tea, water and the occasional gatorade. I was completely in disbelief.

I actually still passed though because the line was faint but she said i just BARELY passed.  Thank God because i about fainted myself haha this job starts at 10.60 and i get bumped up to 12.60 in 3 weeks.

8. Don't be nervous brah. What's done is done plus what's the worst that could happen? You not get the job (it's not like you'll go to prison if you fail which is the case of a lot of stoners such as myself). I mean I know it sucks ass but all you can do at that point is clean out your system and apply to some better jobs while hoping for the best.

9. Yeah it honestly would have been better to give them a small sample than to give them a big sample with dirty piss

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

10. Well, I took the test Wednesday, and I still haven't heard back from it. It might be a little early to celebrate, but I'm hoping no news is good news. The hr manager told me I needed to have the drug screen and physical done before I could start. I'm supposed to start Tuesday because of the holiday, and nobody has told me otherwise yet.

I think it was a ten panel dipstick test. Fingers crossed.

11. Better luck next time op...

12. #12 furittus, May 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
    I would have just added a very small amount of water rather than my own contaminated piss

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. #13 boydamien, May 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
    Is it all jobs in the states that demand a drug test.

I find it hard to get my head around( or maybe I'm picking it up wrong)

You used to be a really anti drug country, then I read that a lot of States have relaxed it. And with a certificate you can buy weed.

But I read almost daily about drug tests , and worried about smells etc.

It's illegal across the board here , but unless it's a selective job ie government job or working with heavy machinery there no drug tests. And certainly never heard of any ones parents giving them one lol

But on the whole the cops tend to turn a blind eye. Unless it's a grow or your being blatant in front of them