Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Nervous about smoking again

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ed520482, May 30, 2017.

1. When I was younger I smoked for the first time and it was great. Everything was so interesting and I felt great and couldn't stop smiling. The second time I was with my friends and again it was great. I remember sitting on the porch and deciding that i should sit in front of the chair on the porch and not in the chair and wasn't able to sit up straight I kept leaning to the left. The third time I got high it was the absolute worst experience of my life. I'm not sure I would say hallucinating but something in that ball park and I felt unbelievably terrible and afraid and it was just a horrible experience. I don't know if something was wrong with the weed but I'm sure no one would have enjoyed that. That was about ten years ago (that's how bad it was) I want to smoke again. I want to try it and see how it is but I'm really really nervous that it will do that to me again. Has anyone else ever been in the same position?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Probably was a panic attack, it can happen pretty easily when you have no tolerance built up. Can't say it won't happen again, but that's what I think happened.

3. I reckon you just smoked way too much the time you had a bad experience. Weed is a mood enhancer eg if you're in a good mood it will make you feel better, if you're angry it will increase the feelings of anger.

Another thing to remember is, if you smoke again and have a bad time of it, there are ways to bring yourself back down, coffee and carb based food such as bread have always reduced my high on the rare occasion that I needed to do so.

I also find smoking when hungover is a sure fire way to get a crap high like you experienced, so I would avoid that if I were you.

4. #4 Cyrax, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
    Smoke at your own pace as it can be overwhelming especially with a low tolerance. Marijuana at a low tolerance can definitely get your heart pumping with high quality buds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Try "micro-dosing".

One hit. Wait.
    If you feel good, that's enough.

Not feeling it after a few minutes?
    One more hit.

Repeat as needed (or not)

Some strains are more potent than others.
    Experiment.
    Moderation my friend..

• Like Like x 3
  6. its al about the strain sounds like some hi thc sativa lacking cbn perfectly normal some strains can affect ppl that way steer clear of those .try some kush .

7. Start slooooow. Some people can't ever do that. If you are with people that pressure you into smoking a lot....then don't smoke with them. Baby hits...wait 10 mins and see where you are. You can always smoke more....not ever less.

8. Stop being a bitch and just smoke it
    :bongin: