Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Neophyte toker looking for some advice on pricing and quantity

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Void06, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Hello everyone. First post, neophyte toker looking for some information about picking up soon.

I live in the northeast where theres quite a bit of access to a wide variety of weed. I just got some weed that after some research it turns out it was beasters. It was very dry, and VERY dense. It was more of a body high than a mental high but the mental high lasted a brief period of time.

I dont think I'd want to pick that up anytime soon, but I would like to spend somewhere around 90-150 on some headies if possible. What can I expect in this price range?

I'm actually really confused about the terminology of volume of weed if anyone could help me out with that I'd appreciate it.

I guy I know can get me good headies for 150 a half ounce is this a good price given the weed is of high quality? Or should I keep looking around for a better price?

thanks

2. That's pretty good. 150 for a half ounce of headies. That's really good actually.. But yeah, unless your dealer is a close friend, that's probably the lowest you'll get.

3. Yeah 150 for a half is sorta steep but not to bad. I normally pick mine up for no more then 130, but my dealer is a close friend.

4. Well i'm from Massachusetts, which is northeast, and headies goes for 20 a gram here, so a half o for 150 is good.

5. If I may ask a few more questions:

What is an eigth exactly? All I know is an ounce is a lot, and expensive.

I don't even know what a gram is or looks like (A dime, $20 bag?)

What if I had... 60-70 dollars and wanted that quantity of weed what would I be looking at then?

6. I usually don't buy in larger quantities but I know that if I did it would be about $200, so yeah $150 sounds like a good deal to me. Think about it -- that's a little over $10/gram, and you'd usually pay $20.

7. #7 Hilikus, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2009
    1 gram = $20 for us, because I think it's more expensive in the NE than most places.

1/8 oz. = 3.5 grams; $70, but people will usually do $65 or even $60 since you're buying more at once.

1 oz. = 28 grams

I'm sure you can do the math for the quantities between 1/8 oz. and 1 oz. from there :)

8. Ah thank you very much. I think I'm going to try and pick up an eighth for $60ish then if possible that would be awesome.

28 grams per ounce means a half is 14 ounces so $150 seems like a killer deal. Does this all make sense? I just want to make sure I don't get ripped off buying way too little weed for waaaaaaay too much money and obviously buying in bulk will always get you a great value so thats what I'm looking to do on a bunch of good stuff if I can find it.

9. #9 Hilikus, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2009
    *14 grams ;)

You'd probably have better luck with trying for $65 unless you're getting it from a good friend. And yes, it all makes sense if the weed you're looking into is as good as you've been told!