Neo-Nazi band renounces hateful ideology - due to MJ?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by The Bohemian, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Came across this earlier on.

Change of heart - WWW.THEDAILY.COM

I'd heard of these girls and they were a big Neo-Nazi group, going round all the white-power festivals singing about how the Holocaust was a lie and how Rudolf Hess, Hitler's deputy, was a great man.

It's good to see that they've left this behind (read the whole article for more). I wonder if MJ was partially responsible for their new mindset? I wouldn't be surprised.

2. It's cool and all that they've mellowed out from being Neo-Nazis, but to be honest, fuck them both, fuck them all. If I were their doctors, I would've let them die a slow and very painful death. Good for them for turning around, but goddamn, reformed neo-nazis don't rank very highly in my books.

And I could totally see this being because of marijuana, it does tend to calm people down a fair amount.

3. There's no love lost between me and Neo-Nazis, not at all, but these kids were raised in a Neo-Nazi houshold; it's not exactly their fault that they had those views, considering their parents.

I think they should be given major props for shaking off those beliefs and thinking for themselves. It's a very rare thing, and should be encouraged more.

4. TBH it wasn't their choice on ideology; They had been raised into it by their mother. I had read the article at Cannabis Culture, and it seems that their mother pushes them to it.

At this point, you have to be happy, because they discovered a whole new, non hate involved reality, thanks to one of the most peaceful plants around

5. It not only saved her life, it expanded her mind which probably made her finally think for once, and see the bullshit she was living.

thats dope

6. these kids were literally raised to do what they did. its what they knew. seems to me like theyve grown up and made their own decisions....something that a lot of people never accomplish. the fact that they were able to free themselves of that lifestyle is really pretty amazing.

7. Too many people to quote, but you'll know who you are; I didn't read the whole article, I merely read the pieces quoted in the OP. I do admire the two girls' ability to overcome their brainwashed mentalities, and I truly despise the mother for raising her children in such a way, but being one of the people those two girls would've mindlessly hunted down before their revelations, I still do, and always will, find it nigh impossible to reconcile with such people.

TLDR; Good for them for changing their ways, but we should put one of them in a gas chamber and see how their mother likes watching her child die simply because of how they were raised, even if they've rejected the gospel of their parents.

Sorry, but even reading about neo-nazis sets me off.

8. It wasn't the ganja, it was the the truth setting them free.

9. Being able to admit you were wrong publicly is a very brave thing to do, especially in a culture of hate and violence. They may have totally screwed their means of income, and alienated most of their friends and family but they have my respect for doing it.

10. If only more neo nazis smoked weed instead of meth.

11. You sound just as bad as they used to be. I can't believe you smoke this beautiful herb and have such a shitty mindset.

12. Bitches be trifflin'

13. Sounds like something a neo-nazi would say. :bongin:

14. How many times have your people been slaughtered while the rest of the world just sits back and watches? Has it happened at all? Well let me know when it does.

I have zero sympathy for neo-nazis, and by extension all of those who spread their hatred out into the world. Also, in case you didn't catch it, I only sounded as bad as "they used to be" because I was talking about using their methods to make a point.

15. I don't think hate has ever been an effective tool for the elimination of hate. And everyone is "my people". Your people aren't any more special than all the others getting slaughtered and abused elsewhere and those with different beliefs. How much have you yourself been persecuted? And if you had you should feel sympathy for their lack of intelligence and retarded beliefs especially when they've been brainwashed since they were kids.

Cliffs: I feel bad for u buddy

16. I'm not actually advocating the use of hatred and violence, I was merely speaking abstractly, I realize now it was somewhat of a silly way to do convey my thought. Everyone may be my people now, but back in 1940 I would've be dragged off to a concentration camp as my neighbors mutter to themselves something about it not being their problem, in the 1800s I would've been worked to death in this country I know and love.

Oh, and religios and racial persecution is still very alive and well, you may not see it that often, but the persecuted certainly do.

And I do think it's amazing that they broke free of that mindslavery, but it doesn't change how I feel about their mother, especially considering she let her daughters perform a Bob Dylan song at a neo-nazi concert, almost as if after they realized her teachings were absurd, she stopped caring for their safety. I tend to become overwhelmed with disgust at the mere mention of neo-nazis, and that may have changed my reaction to this story, as opposed to if it were about some other sect of racists breaking free.

17. And you've proven to be just as bad as them.

18. I guess it really is a plant for the healing of all nations.