Neighbors say they gonna shoot my dog

Discussion in 'General' started by SuperBlazed, Feb 7, 2012.

1. #1 SuperBlazed, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2012
    Basically I love pets and I have a 180 pound Bullmastiff he's overweight (not overfat) and between us and the neighbors there is a pretty solid chain link fence. They have wrote complains about our "vicious pitbull" not letting them enter their property and jumping on a barely standing fence which could crush and bite their children when really:

A) The fence is completely solid, the dog can't bite through it and the person is simply afraid to walk past him.
    B) They have multiple ways to enter their property in only one of them our dog scares them.
    C) I have personally seen their children throwing rocks at him, throwing small explosives to scare him, some of the children and the adults taunting him, making barking sounds. They called people that he knew since he was a pup to give him food on multiple occasions after eating it he would get sick and violent I had to call a vet to come pick him up on his car. The vet said he was a very good dog and that his behavior is a result of a lot of pain, when you would touch him he would have these outbursts of violent behavior after which he would regret it and lick you. There have been witnesses of them saying "someone should shoot this fucking dog down" etc.

I didn't think to document or record any of this at the time but anything that will happen since now I'm going to, would it be a good option to sue them? The dog is very peaceful he grew up with children and still plays with them on the regular, when I walk him he licks people hands when they pet him etc

2. Call the fucking police

3. Id personally beat the shit out of the father in front of his kids.

Throw shit at my dog? I don't fucking think so.

But I don't think your willing to do that, so call the police and report them lol.

4. Yeah, have the police file a report....if the dog dies you have a case

Dogs can bite threw fences....I've watched them....spend five bucks and put up a better fence....if it's a solid fence they couldn't pelt your dog

5. tell them that if they harm your dog you will eat their children

6. ohhhhhh i love bullmastiffs! they are the most loveable dogs ever, ur neighbors are douches, ill take ur puppy! Take pictures of them throwing rocks and doing other mean stuff to your dog, call the sheriff first show him that you are in compliance with local laws and ask if their is anything he can do. Without evidence they havent done anything wrong.

So tell them to piss off and mind their own business, can you post a pic? i love dogs =p

7. Trust me dude, there is no way a bullmastiff would ever be able to bite through a fence, their mouths are just not skinny enough

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images15/Bullmastiff16montholdbrindledoodoo.JPG

8. My friend went through that, she lived behind me and our neighbor would constantly sue then for their dog barking loudly, needless to say she lost every time and the judge told her to stop coming back. To this day she still sets out traps for my friend's cats and takes them into the pound after taking the collars off so they have no one to contact. And she has poisoned a good number of them with rat poison... needless to say nothing stops ignorant people, you could call the cops but it isn't going to stop them. Just keep your dog away from them, if he doesn't bite them or physically harm them there is nothing they can do.

9. Man i cant stand it when people are like that, walk over to his house and set him straight.

10. tell them your dog has temper problems and 2 razor teeth that vet doctors have been trying to remove since birth. Walk into neighbors house with doggy and scare everybody.

11. What you described IS animal abuse, and it deeply angers me. I can't stand animal abuse, and if someone had done these sort of things to my dog I'd be in jail for beating the shit out of them. Keep an EXTREMELY close watch over your dog, DO NOT let him eat any food they try to give him.

I would go outside, stand right next to the fence and video tape them. Let the bastards know you're watching them.

12. Kill him before he kills your dog-don't risk it you say he's given him food that's gotten him sick, just do it quietly- what kind of person is that? Plus he's raising other lil dog abusers- fuck that he's gotta die.

13. No to pitbulls

14. If they hurt your dog and you witness it, grab a video camera. You can't sue without proof. A police report would only be valid if they threaten shooting your dog to you. It has to be a valid threat. Just casually saying, man, I wish someone would shoot that dog isn't enough. If the guy says, you better....or I'll shoot your dog, that is worthy of a police report. Once you open this door, expect retaliation. A simple restraining order will suffice if they persist in a threatening way, then the police will arrest any violators. Problem is, they might provoke your dog and if he bites them, say they stick their hand over the fence and he bites them, there's a chance a judge will order him put down. People lie about these things. Good luck. Document everything. There's Nothing like video evidence to back you up. Peace.

15. Fuck suing - take it in blood
    If u file a police report and u beat the shit outta him it can come back to bite u in the ass- use a damn ski mask so he doesn't recongize u

16. I would fuck that bitch up if i was you.

17. Cops dont play around with guns man. I would say file a report on them. If he owns a gun he knows how easily they can kill....

18. fuck your neighbours, what assholes! like the others said, file a police report. and then keep the dog inside so they can't provoke it into biting them. good luck man :bongin:

19. Fuck that guy. Get video evidence of them abusing your dog. Take pictures of this "Barely standing fence" and of their property entrance just for evidence in case they do something to the fence so you can't say anything about it in court.

Honestly if I were you, I'd make a trick to Home Depot/Lowes and buy some lumber and build me a rock solid fence just to protect your dog.

20. I see 2 sides, both unaware of each other.

From dog owners point of view, yeah you hbe every right to own a dog. But think about how your dog is viewed by the public. Pits require extra attention to prevent others from feeling unsafe. You know this.

From outsiders point of view, you own a known dangerous breed (even if untrue) this is how people view your dog.

Stupid right? Yes people are stupid, think ahead.

I personally hate drooling dumb beasts, but if I were to own a champion pit breed, I would take special caution so my dog AND my neighbors can peacefully coexist.

I've kept a Korean wolf in La, be responsible and you should have no worries if your dog is trustworthy.

If I see a neighbor wearing baggy ass pants, sideways cap, and walking a pit, I don't are how bright and educated he his, just looking that way will have people judging. It's life.