Neighborhoods for young people in the Los Angeles area?

Discussion in 'General' started by KansasToker, Jul 6, 2009.

1. So I'm done with college and I'm thinking about moving out to LA in 6 months or so after I save up some more money. I'm 23 now and I was wondering if any LA blades could give me some advice on which areas would be a good fit for me. I love to party and have a good time and I'm looking for areas which aren't SUPER expensive and are generally known as areas where younger people tend to live. I have two friends in Santa Monica now and they told me that there, west LA, westwood may be good choices? I've never lived in the area, I've just visited, so I was wondering if anyone from the area could give me some advice since I know there area a lot of LA blades on here. Thanks guys. Also one more thing, if anyone would have any estimates as to how much studio apts would be that would be great but if not no worries. :)

2. bump, anyone?

3. Yes please, coke or speed?

4. K actually

5. K-HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as L.A. goes dogg, I aint sure. Im in Long Beach though. Im jus bumpin your thread with hopes of drugs???

6. /\ hah for sure dude wish I had actual bumps to offer..

but I'm just bumping this one more time to see if anyone can help me out

7. AawYour best bets are parts of Pasadena, the pricing there is pretty average. Plus even though it is a big big town it still feels like a small town

8. #8 JyZE, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2009
    bay area or Compton

9. The whole city of LA is for young people, so no matter where you are you'll be in close proximity to fun.

10. I've heard marvelous things about an area called South Central.

11. you should move to santa monica or venice beach if you want to be close to l.a. personally i would go down the coast to huntington beach. downtown huntington has some really cool bars, with a really young liberal atmosphere. the best times of my life were in hb..

12. Comptons got cheap rent and tons of parties. Lots of young people too.

13. #13 Toke N' Choke, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2009
    I'm by venice/marina del rey/santamonica/culver city. It's close to everything or so to say. 30 minutes to weho and pasadena and longbeach. It's pretty coo.. Lots of weed and daily deliveries of produce by mexicans(good fresh shit too and like 1/4-1/3 of grocery prices plus you dont have to drive anywhere).

If you're down here I can show you the best spot to get herb for $45 capped prices on 1/8ths in Venice.

14. Rents are pretty high in LA no matter where you look unless it's in a shady/dangerous area. Look into Silverlake/Los Feliz/Hollywood/West Hollywood if you want to live inland and Venice Beach/Marina Del Rey/Santa Monica if you want to live by the beach. If you want to live further south places like Manahattan Beach/Hermosa Beach are cool but that's Orange County. I'm in Hollywood and own a few rental properties (all are rented though, sorry) so I know the area pretty well. Plan on spending about $1000-$1300 a month for a studio or small one bedroom. Hope that helps and good luck! :D

15. ya hermosa is nice. I'm not a fan of Silverlake and Los Feliz. Shit is pretty far northwestish isn't iot?. Guess its about 20 from weho. I go to El Cid for the shortfilms they have once a month and it's about a 15-20 minute drive to Viper Room which is where i work.

16. Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'm continuing to do research into apartment prices in different regions right now. Lookin forward to all this..

17. Pasadena,Venice or Marina Del Rey.

18. west wood and west la might be a little pricey for you unless your going to have room mates and a steady flow of cash.