Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Neighbor

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by chuch4, Dec 1, 2017.

1. I have an apartment neighbor who called the cops because of the smell, They were able to smell it too and confiscated the tiny amount I had left. I have to stop for now, but was wondering if it could be considered harassment if I burned a weed scented candle?

2. Why did you answer the door?

3. Even if they smell it, they still need a warrant to search your house which would cost more money than it's worth. Usually that's enough to make the cop go away unless they're gung ho about it. It must of been pretty bad to have the cops called lol. Since you're in apartments, you dont really have as much freedom. I suggest switching to vaping or consider doing it some place else all together as a legal battle involving weed does not usually turn out well for the person with the weed unless they have a good lawyer and lots of evidence.

From my years of experience being one, a few things I've learned with cops is ''no poly, no waver, no statement''. Do not talk to them, do not sign anything and never take a lie detector test. All answers to their question are "I dont know" or "no" and always have a camera on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP you should have made them get a warrant to search your pad fuck letting pigs in without one.

5. All of this is good to know, but it's already done.
    So say I buy a weed candle and get rid of the paraphernalia, since the smell was the neighbors complaint, could they do anything about it if she called them back?

6. No because it still smells like weed man. If cops smell that shit, they're going to want to search plain and simple and it's not against the law as long as they think it's there.

If you get a complaint from the smell of weed even if it's a candle does not make it a false complaint.

If she were to call them over and over and they didnt smell it at all on any visit, maybe. That ship has already sailed however since they searched and found weed in your place.

7. Honestly you could just put up a bunch of candles like that and have your place clean then when the cops come over, make sure the candles are very noticeable to the cops as well. If nothing else, you make her complain enough times then maybe they wont come there anymore.

Just dont expect to win any legal case against her lol. Unless you can get her to grab your nuts or somethin.

8. Right, I'm going to make sure it's totally clean, they could search all day long and not find a damn thing except candles.

9. Smell is probable cause in a traffic stop for a search I'm not sure if it is at your house though. Either way you have no obligation to answer your door and shouldn't open it. I don't think for one second a judge will grant a search warrant just because some jerkoff whined to the cops about "I smell weed officer please send your finest units out here to arrest this horrible criminal. Don't worry about drunk drivers, gang members, child rapists, or any of those fine specimens of humanity come get this evil individual injecting marijuanas".

Even if you refuse consent and they had no warrant or probable cause I would not put it past them to just barge their way in and if you try to stop them they'll try to hit you with "assault on an officer" or some bullshit. For the future use a vape and smoke buddy and light some candles or some shit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. A) Were you charged with anything?

B) What state do you live in?

C) What the fuck is up with your neighbors?

11. I was not charged with anything, I live in Utah, and she's just one of those people that complains about everything. She's complained about the way I park my car, about footsteps when I'm getting ready for work in the morning, about a strong onion and garlic smell when I cook, and etc. She's just a terrible person.

12. Time to find a new apartment

13. You can get stink bombs on amazon

14. #15 chuch4, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    Its a condo unit, I'm buying mine, she's only renting from the owner.