Neighboor asking to buy. Uh oh!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Rude Dude, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Hey guys,

Just wanted your opinions to see if I handled this situation right. I have a neighbor who is about 15 years old. I'm almost 30. I have only had 3-4 conversations with him over the years and one of them I made a joke about blazing. He asked me If I blazed and I told him sometimes...........;)

Yesterday him and A friend of his come to my door asking me if I have any weed. :eek:

I told him no I didn't, I also told him that he is a minor and that would be opening up a whole can of worms "if you ask me".

As much as I love to help people out, I turned him down for a few reasons.

1 I don't deal.....I only use for personal use.

2 He's a kid, kids are stupid and get caught.

3 He lives right next door. I Don't shit were I live.

4 Hes a minor, and hes mom could make things difficult for me leagally.

5 My life is complicated enough.

6 Due to the convenience, he would become dependent on me.

7 He could spread the word and create a whole other list of problems.

Again I never like to deny people, but kids are not people, "YET" and I believe I had to separate my self from a potentially hairy situation.

What do you guys think?

Anybody else have this issue come up.

2. Help him out with a bag ONCE or TWICE. and tell him thats all you can do cuz you hate hookin people up and shit since you dont deal.

3. That's exactly what I would have done if i was in your shoes. i think it could have as you said "opened a can of worms", and not the gummy delicious ones. lol

4. You did the right thing, i would have said sorry man but no way. However if he was substantially older of a guy and wanted some weed, yeah you should help him out in that case. I have smoked weed for a long time, and i definitely don't try to hide that fact... but i would never help some kids get blazed.

5. You've made the right choice...who knows what a 15 year old could pull off...

6. IMHO you did the right thing. Almost everyone of your points I agree with. Being an adult, as well as a single father, I do feel the risk far outweighs the benefits.

less

7. im 18 and i wouldnt have done that!i remember when i was 15 i got caught several times by my pops! you made the right choice imo

8. That's like saying, "feed a shark once or twice". It's asking for trouble. If you help him out once, he'd expect you to help out again. To the OP, you listed some good reasons not to and you listed no reason that you should do it. I'd say you made the right choice.

9. With carefull consideration here is what I would do. I would get to know him better and would not sell to him but smoke him up once with a guiding vibe!

Edit:

I am now older and more grumpy but remember what it was like to be that age and how cool it would be to have someone older and trustworthy guide me.

But this isn't a disney movie and you could well get fucked for your philantropy

10. Spot on bro.
    You listed more than enough reasons why not to deal to him. Id do exactly the same thing in your position.

11. if i was in your position i would have prolly done the same thing

12. He's 15 years old. In a year or two, or even maybe now, he'll have plenty of access to bud....probably even more access then most adults.

So fuck em, you said it once already, your lifes complicated enough, dont risk a young teenager with what could be a complete mess.

13. I pretty much agree with everyone else.

Don't even let em get the idea you have weed in your house, heh.

14. OSG needs to be in here with some of his experiences :) :) :smoking:

15. When I was 15 I was trustworthy, and I was doing stupid shit like that cause none of us had a proper hookup back then.

16. you did the right thing. My cousin asked me to smoke with him/sell him weed when he was 14/15 and i was 19, and even that was really difficult for me. I knew he was going to do it anyways, so i smoked with him - i figured it was a lot safer than him doing it with his irresponsible friends for the first time. Of course, that was a compeltely different situation than yours, but similar things still ran through my mind.

17. why cant you tell him everything you told us?
    15 is young but still old enough to understand.

do you have a hookup you could direct him too?
    we all know how much it sucks to have no hookups.

18. No, dont sell to him. Good Call

Dont shit where you live.

19. did the right thing man
    if the little kid was caught and his mom interogated him then you would be caught if he cracked. then youll have your neighbors parents on you and plus you dont know theyre opinion on the herb

20. Smooth move, yea it sucks not being able to get bud thats what happens to pre-teens. dont risk getting caught just cause u hooked a little kid up plus all the shit that could happen if u did give him some bud.