Neglect Dread Help

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by inquiringstoner, Oct 14, 2011.

1. I had my dreads done Aug 1st, some girl did them by backcombing. She didnt know what she was doing so they all fell out, i backcombed them again. Two days ago i decided they were to be more natural and forget the combing and messing with them. My hair was really straight before i started (caucasian hair) and i was not washing them often once they started. Now sinse i am doing it natural i have been washing it (with only water)

Im looking for some help..im wodering if you can and are supposed to get your dreads wet everytime you shower.

Im also looking for some reasurance that they are actually going to lock up eventually.

2. DO NOT GO BY ANY INFORMATION IN THAT VIDEO

Knotty boy is straight bullshit.

Just use the right shampoo(dr bronners or homemade) every couple days or so and let it go. Eventually it will lock up, may take a week may take two years.

dreadlockssite.com and dreadlocktruth.com are much better sites. Most importantly though you just don't do anything, just let it all go.

3. get a spray bottle, mix squeezed lemon juice and sea salt and spray it all over ur dread, this will help them tighten up real nice. Also if you dont use shampoo(which you should get some) get some tea tree oil and mix 10 drops in a spray water bottle and spray every other day, makes ur hair smell real nice and keeps bugs away ;)

also, when u bored just play with ur dreads,twist them to make them more formed