Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Negative thoughts while toking?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mirrortrees, May 1, 2012.

1. :wave: Hi! So I've been smoking for about a year, and every once in awhile if I smoke a lot, my mind will drift into negative thoughts about myself. I really like smoking but this can be a real bummer. Anyone else have this problem?

2. Don't run, accept. This is why some consider weed like small doses of psychedelics! Whether theyre wrong or right is beside the point, this is why they think that.

3. The only negative thought that occasionally runs through my mind is that weed is expensive.

4. Happens to me sometimes But I just change my train of thought

5. If you want to avoid it, just change the subject, I don't really get bothered anymore about the self reflection, but the deep abyss of stress can swallow me quickly.

6. I find that changing my thought pattern will help as you guys have said, but it can still persist unless I get totally focused on something else. Which can be difficult...

7. Yea, it's happened. Usually just on "smaller doses" of mj. Like, happened the other day. Just smoked a bit to get a little buzz while cleaning up a bit, and I started getting depressing thoughts--was happy all day up until this point.

I ended up just smoking more, helped actually. :)

8. Do you know the strain you're smoking? You could changeup your strains. If you're smoking mids I can see that causing sadness I know it gives me headaches.

9. I was diagnosed with depression several years ago, If I'm not stoned my mind is full of negative thoughts, But as soon as I take a few hits and get nice buzz going everything feels o.k :)

10. Weed is a psychedelic it's a really weak one in comparison to shrooms, lsd, and DMT.

But that's what psychedelics do to you. If you have a bad and shameful life they make you realize your problems. That's why you aren't supposed to do shrooms if you are emotionally traumatized because it brings all of your problems out to you.

11. Nope, just dank for me. My mind just immediately goes to my shortcomings and failures.

12. You need to either forget about smoking or be ready to deal with your issues. Pot does that.

13. #13 Tha Come Up, May 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012
    i had this happen when i was a starter but these things are real accept them cuz if u deny it,it will lead somewhere worse,accept it then change ur thought make ur mind think about the positives of yourself accept it,were not all perfect man.

14. when i smoke a lot, the negative thought that always comes into my mind is "fuck, now ive got little/none weed left :'("

15. Yep, happened to me in the past.
    Sometimes you just need to change subject and that is something quite easy to do. Try watching a movie, for example.;)
    If it still sucks, then just go to sleep.

16. Ya, this used to happen to me. I actually quit for a while, realizing there was no reason for me to do it. But I picked it up again and now its all good:smoke: just make sure your with entertaining people, no dumbasses that get super high and barely even talk to you, or make sense

17. This is why I think cannabis helps depression. Sometimes those thoughts will hit you high or not. Life just twists and turns like that

At least being blazed can help you think about it more in depth. I say embrace it, then squash it.

18. You're probably right.
    But I'm not that strong, I think. I'll cry for days if I embrace some thoughts while high!

19. I take it you are not an mmj patient? A nice strong sativa is perfect for these times.

20. "When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself." - Bob Marley