negative pressure in grow room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by legal yooper, Jun 24, 2012.

1. #1 legal yooper, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2012
    I've read on here that u want negative pressure in your room. I live in michigan and built a room in my basement,It's a "Michigan basement" dark dank and moist. To avoid mold and mildew in my room I have a 424 cfm inline fan running right from a window through my 1000 watt to cool it then blowing on my 400 watt bat wing. this also pumps my room full of fresh air, keeping nasty basement air out. here is a pic of my room and pics of nugs starting at 10 days of flower. 4 cheese quake, 4 red dragon, 2 kandy kush and 1 skunk. My question is, is all the postive pressure in my room ok for my plants, so far they look really good

2. #2 legal yooper, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2012
    Here are the pics

Attached Files:

3. Don't know if I should help a youper as I'm considered a troll to you guys up there haha.
    It sounds good man.
    And you're pics aren't showing.

4. They are up now, even though you are a troll lol, any help would be awesome. Thanks for helping

5. They look good man. I'm not sure about the positive pressure but I think its fine. And some beautiful dogs you got there.

What are you from up there?

And what are your prices up there on bud?

6. I live in Sault Ste. Marie and the prices are crazy 400 a zip at the dispensary, we only have one in this end of the U.P. Thanks on props for my plants, I canat wait till I sont have to be rippedd off by the dispensary. Were u at?

7. negative air is so smell doesn't leak out...has nothing to do with plant growth.
    your set up is logical, you want clean air vs stale damp mold producing air. :hello:

oh and being legal and all, you should have no worries about smell...:wave:

8. I'm from Ithaca, between lansing and mt pleasant. It's about right smack in the middle of the mitten.
    It cost about 300 for an O here. What's it run you for just an 8th then?
    And we don't even have dispenceries here anymore.

9. yup I dont care about smell at all, actually I like it, And most of alll the plants seem to like it. Thanks for helping:smoke:

10. So let me get this straight. You walk in, want an 8th for 50. Or if you wanna buy a whole O its 400.
    So there is no give in price if you get a O? That's fuckin stupid.

11. They actually want 60 an 8th they cut me a "deal" at a straight 50 an 8th

12. Wow sounds like some tools right there. Greedy fucks.
    When they were open here some charged 50 an 8th, some had sale days, some had 8ths for 35,45,50 for different quality bud (it was all good, but the 50$ was damn good)

13. Yep, this.

14. I don't get what the picture of the room is showing. Where is the 1000 and the 400? Where is your exhaust? And why is the inline fan positioned at a 90 degree angle to the duct? Isn't it cold in Michigan - what is your room temperature?

15. 1000 watt is right over the plants and the 400 is off to side a bit. the fan is on a 90 because the floor joists are 16 inches apart and fan base is not that wide. Yes it is cold in michigan our summer temps average from high 60's to middle 70's I keep a small heater with a thermostat to keep temps, it doesn't come on very often my 400 watt reflector is a bat wing so that keeps temp up during 12 on.My temps stay around mid 70's year round. old air is pushed out through cracks small openings etc. those pics where only 5or 6 days ago and the plants seem to like this set up the growth is pretty good for early stages of budding, I'll go down and take some more pics in a bit. feel free to give your opinion,thanks for looking at my thread

16. If you nailed the fan to a 2x4 and then turned it around, you would get a great deal more airflow. 70's is good. Since it is a damp basement, are you monitoring your humidity levels?

17. ya i thought of that but I have a big kahuna hood and I can touch the glass on the hood so i would say it works pretty good that way.humidity is around 60%