Negative energies

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by thabosshogg, May 14, 2011.

1. I've found this to be true as well. People sometimes go to bars in order to numb their pain and stress. I remember watching the documentary DMT The Spirit Molecule and one of the researchers was talking about how in western society people are discouraged to use mind expanding drugs and encouraged to sedate themselves occasionally with alcohol and tobacco to give them a break from their working lives. People in bars always do seem to be happy but in reality it seems that they're just temporarily repressing their problems and trying to live in that moment of drunken pleasure because they know it won't last. Ironically it always seems that when I smoke I tend to be much more sensitive to this negative energy and when I'm around people who are toking I rarely ever pick up on negative energy coming off them.

2. #42 KirbyPuckett, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2011
    I recommend the movie The Living Matrix: New Science of Healing. It explains how science has realised our bodies all emit a field of energy (beginning from the magnetism in the brain from electricity), and how this field can be used to cure health problems (with no use of medicine whatsoever), and also supply reality with no use of language whatsoever. Very fascinating documentary. I highly suggest it.

Heres a link to the movie:

http://stagevu.com/video/mmyhimpwwfts

Note the beginning can seem like a fictitious story, but if you continue the movie, you'll see it may just be possible..

3. I'm going to have to start doing this, The negative energy in my house always tries to make his problems my problems, always guilt tripping me, making me feel like shit. Im fucking tired of it. I hope he sees how much of dick he is at times

4. hahah,just hold a mirror up to his face when his dicking it up :laughing:

5. Im going to hold it up to my face :D

6. When you sense the negativity around you it is simply the reflection of your consciousness acknowledging your negative emotions. Clever redirection is the blindfold worn to perpetuate this negative state.

7. #47 KirbyPuckett, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
    Not necessarily.. we all get negative energy from some people, even if you don't consider it energy. I do get what your saying though. Awareness is the key IMO.

8. TL; DR - I noticed I kind of made a small essay here, but basically my experience is I was able to sense the negative energy flowing off certain indivduals, two of which were tweaking for sure, he other, probably tripping. Regardless, they had some scary fucking vibes.

I'd like to add to this thread, I only read a bit, but to comment on the "negative energy" thing...

...I feel it all over the place, there 2 "energies" I feel off of people, they are either positive or negative vibes.

My most recent experience with sensing people's negative energy was at the Global Marijuana March. In the middle of the park, surrounded by throusands of stoners....me and my buddies come across these 2 guys (tweaking out like crazy) ...one is dressed like a business exec from 1979, with huge shades and thick, greasy hair, holding his arms at his belly and making very distinct abrupt jerks and movements. Another was wearing a Hawaiian shirt, with a horse mask on his face...holding a camcorder than must have been 15-20 years old. He too was making very abrupt and unnatural movements.....they did not resemble "normal" humans at all, you would undeniably know that these guys are tripping balls within the first second of seeing them. I could feel their negative vibes, washing off on me, as soon as the two men came within 3 meters of me and my friends I began to feel my good mood being sucked out of me. Their "energy" was strong enough to the point that I began to feel insecure very fast.

My friend was filming the protest and filmed the guys for a minute and started to chat with them... Immediately I started to feel worse and I had a very deep internal feeling of anxiety and disgust. I had to move away to a point where the two men could not see me, I could not stand being within their presence, their energy was too much for me to handle.

The same day, not too much later, another tweak comes by zooming around on a bicycle he crafted together from many different things. (cables, wires, lights, radios, speakers, cameras, etc...) the whole shabang, he went all out. Specifically, he had a big ball of these things at the back which had more than 7 cameras pointing out in every direction....and radios all over playing crazy noise to almost distract you from the cameras, a very intense setup, I must say. The second we noticed him, again, I felt his negative vibes, he was grinning and thoroughly amused. He looked over at us and gave us a wink. I felt scared again. The second I had noticed what was actually going on in his bike (cameras), I immediately removed myself from this freaks presence, I could not handle being there anymore. and instantly I started to feel better. He did not stick around for longer than 30 seconds, and even the 5 minutes after he left, I was stuck with an uneasy feeling of insecurity.

We went on the day smoking and chilling, and I was able to catch glimpses of these 3 strangers throughout the day, and each time I did, that same gut feeling of fear and insecurity had struck me.

I am a very avid believer in positive and negative energies, and that was just my most recent and noticeable experience with this. I could actually feel the negativity and depression off these individuals.

Thought I'd add this in this thread if anyone actually wants to read it.

9. eliminate the negative
    accent the positive

10. goos fra ba!

Or however you spell it. lol

11. Must say that's quite disturbing. Welcome to GC.

12. #52 LittleJacob, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
    Not that this really "qualifies" me in some way, but as a person who does a lot of tai-chi, qigong, yoga, breath and chi (energy) work, I can certainly feel energy. And the explanation is so simple - separation is an illusion. We perceive separate forms... that doesn't mean there really IS separate forms. You only have to look to quantum physics for explanation on this - one continuum, one field. Past present and future, boundless, infinite potential and probability. We see only what we see due the interpretive power of brains. What is it, itself, that our brain is interpreting? Well, we can never know for sure. But its not as solid and separate as it appears,we learn that.

For instance, after my mothers mother died a few months ago. She was going through grief, and I was there supporting here, I felt sadness but I wasn't that close with this grandmother so I was mainly empathizing with and comforting my mom. After a couple days, she would get really sad and overcome with grief. And I could literally FEEL the painful energy on the ground/around my feet. This is all very real, people in china train in medical qigong (MEDICAL energy healing) daily, and have been for thousands of years.

Also, this is a funny story, its true whether you choose to believe it or not. But one day my cat ate a piece of a lily flower, (or some plant), which is not good for them. And he was being sluggish and generally looking like shit. So I did a simple but effective qigong healing technique I'd learned on the cat, and afterwards I felt this sticky ass annoying "energy" on my hands." Was weird as fuck, had to consult a qigong forum with qigong teachers on it to figure out how to transform it back to normal and all that shit lol. It was a comical situation.

It is one of those things that needs to be experienced to be believed. But yea OP, I feel you.

I kind of agree with Perpetual Burn here as well though, I'm not taking sides or anything, just stating my view on the subject. In a way, there really ISN'T 'bad" energy. There is simply different forms of one energy. Nothing is INHERENTLY "bad" with bad energy, because bad energy experiences often lead to epiphanies and growth, and future "good" energy. So although I usually avoid situations that I feel don't match my interests etc, I don't view them as negative. I just see it as a different trip so to say. A real spiritual test is going into those environments nonjudgementally and just experiencing it. That puts a real perspective on things. Like when I felt the energy from my mom, I'm not going to call that "negative", its natural. It's raw pain and grief. We are empathetic beings, of course we can feel it. I'll just be with it, and maybe open up the windows, and then be with it and its all good

13. I believe in what he's saying totally.

I actually recently started back thinking about this subject when I noticed how different the feelings in my house compared to my Mothers house were.

I live in MD, my Mom lives in Va. When I'm at my MD house, I automatically feel an energy. It's like a dreary, discontent, negative energy in my house. Very depressing. And yet, it's the total opposite when I head to my Moms house. The energy is more upbeat, more hopeful and calm, peaceful. I believe that feeling, the air, is reflective of the energy of those in your presence.

Even when in a room of angry people, you can feel the hostility in the air. Ever heard of that? Or you can feel someones nervous energy? It's real to me. I feel it a lot, in different places and situations.

14. Very interesting stories man. I really like that last paragraph, it is very helpful in understanding these things.... when it comes down to is "good" and "bad" don't really exist unless we allow them to in our minds.