Negative energies

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by thabosshogg, May 14, 2011.

1. #21 thabosshogg, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2011

It sucks. Nothing I've felt outside of a loved one's death or turmoil is as emotionally shitty as the comedown from a several day stimulant binge or a night of ecstacy.

I don't even want to imagine what a heroin or xanax withdrawal is like.... it makes me sad to think that people have to deal with that shit.

Or the fact that serious alcoholics have to deal with the fact that if they stop drinking they may have seizures and die anyways (xanax addicts too).

:(

2. I know,it's ridiculous.idk,weed helps with epileptic seizures,maybe in those cases were people get side effects from quiting their habit should be able to use cannabis.I think it would be more helpful than being put on methadone.and cannabis helps with depression witch is usually at the root of the habit.

3. I feel this energy around my brother. Everytime I'm around him I feel very aggravated toward him. Especially when he randomly asks me what's wrong it just sets me off.

But I just quit the same shit as him about 2 months ago

4. #24 Echoes of Floyd, May 14, 2011
    Yes I can relate and agree with the OP

I do believe every individual gives off their own energies. I can strongly feel a person with negative energy that is around me. I just know when one of my friends or co-worker is not themselves that particular day and is giving off alot of negative energy. Living out most of their day in their ego.

In my opinion, a bar is a perfect example. Negative energy just creates more negative energy. And it travels. The majority of people in bars are drinking heavy, mainly to escape their problems they face, burdens they carry, free the stress thats been building up. And after another drink. Another drink. Another drink. You can definitely sense it all in them. As I think you put it, 'that prolonging staring off'. And it is very sad. And the depression and negativing dwells and spreads from person to person.

I've been trying myself for the past year to become aware of all these energies. And learning that they don't have to touch you. No matter what is going on around you. No matter the situation. But it's difficult. A bar is probably the best example, strip clubs, business/money related clients, government, etc.

You all can feel energy. Just start becoming aware of it. Especially reading the energy inside of you first. I feel that mainly all negative energy in people is in their minds. In their egos. Their's many places where negative energy lingers. But there's just as many places where positive energy shines.

5. Well said friend.

I do use a technique in which I breathe rhythmically and use whatever extra pranic force I can gain from doing so to create a "shield" or "bubble" around myself, which I will to allow nothing but positive energies to go through.... it actually works pretty well.

Even then though, as you said, learning how to keep these energies from affecting you while being in their presence takes time and a willingness to learn about them and to try to understand them better.

I also agree that positive energy always shines, and can be found no matter where you are, if nowhere else it can be found within yourself. For instance in the very bar I was at there was a middle aged couple sitting at a table enjoying a beer and some chicken wings and talking to each other. They both seemed very happy in each others company and were quietly sitting off to the side. I felt very happy watching them be so happy with each other.

6. I haven't hung out with my friends in weeks because of this reason.

Shit, I need to find some cool, like-minded people....how the fuck do you do that? lol

7. I'm in Florida. You?

8. Philly...

9. #29 TheJourney, May 14, 2011
    To be honest, I do not consider anything drug or sex related to be negative...really it is only meanness, and being condescending or making fun of someone, that makes me really feel negative. Even in those cases, I try to simply use it against them, reflect THEIR OWN negativity back at them, without generating any negativity of my own, simply being more clever than they are and using their own words against them. I don't like to do this, but I would rather one feel his own negativity, then cause another person, who is innocent, to feel it.

10. I'm in florida too! :D

11. I'm in florida.... and the pic in your avatar looks familiar.... you're not in the panhandle are you?

12. oh shit...errrrrbody from florida up in here! :cool:

13. Southwest actually, but I visit Pensacola every so often. Where does TheJourney reside?

14. kinda southwest, actually...hah...north port/port charlotte area...

15. lol...when I started reading the OP I was thinking of this same type thing....only I was thinking of it as 'energy vampire'...People that, after you are around them, you feel physically drained, almost like a weight has been lifted off.

I had this experience with a friend that always wanted our group to go to this bar....it was just a huge meat market, people dancing to 70's tunes, looking to hook up and get laid. I got to where I just couldnt go because I felt so BAD when I was there. I was always disgusted and drained when I left.

As lowlands said, I think it has to do with looking inward all the time, trying to fill whats not there vs. looking outward with a focus on sharing with another person.

Boss-you should get involved with something wherever you live like an interest club-gardening, rocks, whatever-there youll meet people that want to DO things that arent all about themselves.

16. Does anyone else feel a tangible difference in atmosphere, no matter what is going on, even without alcohol or drugs.

If I go to a friend's place and there's a couple of guys watching TV with no apparent problem, I can always "feel" if something's wrong in some way. I tense up even if nobody has said anything to me yet. It's weird.

17. The night before my friends and I planned to go to south to this lake and party I got huge negative vibes.

I brushed them off and went anyway.

Well, we got stuck in the sand for hours, my friend accidentally threw a rock at supersonic speeds right into my windshield, and the party that was supposed to be there was cancelled.

Learn to pay attention to vibes, man.

18. No, I've never felt such energies. You might get that vibe as a response to other people staring you down, etc.

19. takes 5 years to break a habit? no offense but i think someone pulled that outta their ass

i broke like 5 bad habbits just this year alone.

if you want to be a better person, you can, it just requires a lot of will power

20. they were referring to those people that who sometimes like quit smoking for 2 years then pick it up again,it happens.In fact,my sister is a perfect example of one of those people :laughing: indeed it takes will power and dedication