Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

negative effects of vaporizing cannabis

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by toastghost, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Getting stoned would be a positive  :yummy:

2. #62 GregGibbs, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    Here is my experience vaping an ounce of highly potent weed a month (trainwreck, cheese, g13 etc). All day vaping from waking up till bedtime with circulating vaped weed until reaches very dark brown but not blackened color.

It is well known that vaping weed is far more potent then smoking it, due to the absence of highly toxic chemicals from the combustion process and high conservation of cannabinoids, capable of reaching you blood stream near intact. Therefore you'll get baked much more intensly from the same amount that you would usually burn, but also reaching a strong potential to experience strain specific negative side effects more intensly and inducing neurologic disorders upon yourself after prolonged, extensive exposure to the substence. Heavy dabbers are in the extremes within this subject, so a herb vaper can feel much safer...

Positives and negatives can be adjusted/balanced by regulating the amount you vape each session and keeping an eye not to increase your tolerance towards weed into the extremes. Always make sure what you vape has a reasonable amount of CBD to regulate the negative side effects of THC but not as much that will supress its psychotic properties by far.

The biggest negative of vaping can be nothing but the user itself. Simply put. I left THC behind for CBD wax for good due to the realisation of my schizophrenic tendencies. Now, happier then ever before... As I usually say, fuck combustion. Long live CBD.

3. the condition determines how extreme the medicine. an extreme condition an extreme medicine etc....  not everyone is the same and each persons needs are different

4. Even smoking weed has been proved to not damge your lungs. Look it up, and vaporizing isnt bad whatsoever your lungs will be fine

Keepitlit

5. ​
    ​There is one major difference between smoking cannabis and tobacco.   Tobacco can induce genetic changes, even without smoking it (i.e. chewing).  I am not aware of oral cannabis causing cancer :)

Back in the 1960s, there was an insecticide in the US called Black Leaf 40, which was nicotine sulfate.   It was removed from the market.   It was found nicotine could induce a genetic change called "polyploidism" in plants  - where the number of chromosomes is multipled, since nicotine can block the cell's mechanism to divide.   The cell doubles the number of chromosomes just before splitting, but the cell division doesn't complete, resulting in a genetic change (2X, 4X, etc the number of chromosomes).    This polyploid state was seen in horticultural plants, after they had sprayed for bugs with nicotine. 
    ​
    ​Another interesting bit of polyploidism -> various chemicals are used to cause polyploidism in plants, to create new patentable plant genetics.  It was even looked at in hemp, which supposedly increased the THC levels in the polyploid cannabis.   There are several chemicals known to do this besides nicotine:  colchicine, sulfanilamide, hexachlorocyclohexane, oryzalin (and the list goes on).   But that is another entire subject, and beyond the scope of this thread's topic. 

6. I find I hardly get stoned when I vape. I have an Arizer Extreme Q, have tried different temperatures and whip vs. bags, no difference. I don't get stoned much from dabs either. I believe dabbing is a form of vaping? I've tried different strains, as well as hash and wax, no difference.I know vaping is a different kind of high, but it's not the kind that does much for me unless I just want a really light buzz,

I have asthma as well. Vaping irritates my lungs more than bong hits. With any inhalation method, I have to watch how much herb to use per hit, how deeply I inhale, and how long I hold it in. 

I don't disagree that vaping is probably healthier in the long run, but for my own needs, I prefer to stick with a good old iced bong.