Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

negative effects of vaporizing cannabis

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by toastghost, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Seems like you need to brush up on your research on smoking.

Even if you smoked 115k + joints throughout 10 years or 5 years, you're not going to die. And the worst thing about that is you'll get smoker's lungs. Which, again, is easily fixable through a healthy lifestyle, and some cardio.

2. Definately the worst part of smoking when you're out of shape is the smoker's lung. :smoking:

3. As far as I'm concerned, smoking, or using weed in general, is healing the body, not poisoning it.

You could go your little vape fan club and brag about how you just bought a $10, 000 vaporizer, but I'll enjoy the benefits of weed through the simple art of rolling and lighting.

4. Amen brotha!

5. Its not sir and it never will be. Its only what we make of it. Thats the beauty of the plant. I prefer not to smoke it because the vapor feels so much healthier for my lungs and sinuses not to mention how it helped my depression.

6. Fair 'nuff. I know people who only vape or make edibles because of their asthma.

7. Thats what I have bro. It works better for me then any prescription ever did.

8. The fact is that I haven't seen much scientific data on the benefits of vaping either, just one or two articles on NORML's site. The few I have seen show that there is a significant reduction of carbon monoxide and other impurities. However, if you're going for ZERO impurities, then I'm not sure vaping is for you. Maybe edibles are the way to go.

I've been vaping for about a year now and the positives are tremendous. The only negative effects I see from vaping is the unpleasant feeling you get in the back of your throat from the DRYNESS OF THE HIT, so I always bag my vapor then filter through a bubbler to add a bit of humidity to the hit...much easier on the throat.

og

9. This is all no bullshit. Weed has actually made my life substantially better. I have a degenerative muscle disorder, and I feel pain all the time. When I smoke, I can feel normal again, and I can use my talents to my full potential. It's a crime that this shit isn't legal.

10. According to the research I've seen even burning cannabis will reduce tumors in the lungs and has no adverse effects on the throat. There are carcinogens when burning, but it surprisingly has such powerful healing properties that it doesn't matter even if burned. I could be wrong in my understanding which has happened, so test this info. Vaporizing cuts out the carcinogens and gives you nearly 90% (so I've read along the way) more essential oils than when burned. For getting high burning is good, but for getting greater benefits of the herb and a cleaner high vaporizing or cooking is the way to go. The oil they are calling Rick Simpson's Hemp Oil is truly the way to go if you want to cure cancers and/or other diseases. You can see more on that at Phoenixtears.ca. Look up some documentaries on the subject such as What If Cannabis Cured Cancer or Run From The Cure (the latter found on Phoenixtears.ca) along with several others that are packed with good information from the men who have done extensive research with government funding even. If you want to go further I would even get the book from Dr. Sircus at IMVA.info dealing with this herb. He details a lot of the research with links to the claims he makes in the interactive online books he offers. In addition to all that, start looking stuff up on peer reviewed articles that are all over the internet regarding the subject. Basically, you're safe burning, vaporizing, eating, etc this herb. There is even a doctor saying cannabis is a vegetable that should be consumed (the green leaves) daily as a disease cure and prevention.

Regarding the whole brain cell reduction, that was from a study done back in the 60s with 180 rats. 90 rats were given cannabis and 90 were not. The rats with cannabis did have some brain damage; though, it wasn't until 25 years later that they released how the study was performed. They gave each rat about 30 joints worth of herb through a respirator in a 5 minute period of time thus suffocating the rats. Suffocate anyone for 5 minutes daily and you'll have brain damage. Get it? The study was fixed. Cannabis is probably what saved those rats lives by relaxing them. I bet their feed bill went up though. ;) Daily cannabis use for 10+ years has actually shown a greater connection in the brain than those who have not used the herb. It really is a miraculous plant.

So, get a good vaporizer if that the rout you want to go. Do so with confidence after reviewing all the information you can find on it. A clear understanding is worth more than here-say when dealing with the herb that has had so much controversy surrounding it - not just for your own conscience when smoking it, but also for you to defend your position and to educate others in need of this great medicine.

The vaporizer I suggest is the portable Arizer Solo from eBay. It's made in Canada and has a great 2-3 year warranty. It's half the price on eBay than retail stores at only $135 rather than $300. The prices on eBay do fluctuate weekly by even +$50, so watch out for that. There are others such as the Arizer Extreme-Q, Volcano, etc etc. Cheap vaporizers are terrible where as mid grade to upper grade are awesome. You'll save a lot of money with a good vaporizer as well since you're getting a lot more essential oils from the herb. If you're a daily user than you'll make your money back in just a few months. One thing to consider with home units rather than portables is, from what I can see, the portables has a smaller bowl which with a vaporizer means less herb needed to get the vapors. It's easier to heat up a small amount in a half inch piece rather than in an inch piece. Get it? It's my understanding anyway. The Extreme-Q seems to require more herb to get a good amount out of it. I don't have experience with the Volcano, but I hear nothing but good things about it so perhaps it's not the same situation as is with the Extreme-Q.

Note: I'm not able to give links to the information I'm providing except by memory since I'm on my phone and uncertain if I'll lose this script by leaving the GC application. It's not hard to find all this information though with a little research.

Best of luck on your high endeavor. ;)

11. The worst thing I can say about vaping is that it causes rebound asthma for me. Most asthamtics you'll find on the list are not that sensitive and vape all the time. The first vaporizers were invented by cancer doctors for use by the patients they were treating for cancer as a better way to get the medicine into the patient than smoking which most cancer Doc's object to.

If you need proof the closest I can get is a video over on the project CBD web site where one of the pioneering Doc's is talking about it. Last time I tried to post the link I failed, you can go find it your self there if you care enough to watch it.

12. so how do you use cannabis.. ingesting only?

13. #33 Asthmatic, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2013
    Ingesting & topicals. Been switching to endo's for asthma during the last 6 months. It is a substrate replacement thing and takes time to do. I'm eating less Omega-6 fats more Omega-3 fats. Hit the turning point for asthma last week. Been off the cannabis asthma medicine for the last 7 days now with no regrets. Just about ready to get off the topicals too.

I think I have trouble breaking THC down after I use it. I OD easily and develop tolerance quickly. Cannabis was been kind of handy for the last year and a half and will still be a pain medicine for occasional use going forward but after being on it 24/7 since June 2011 it has become a drag to me.

14. I was watching a new show on Discovery last week, called Weed Country and it had some really interesting information regarding the use of CDB's to help treat epilepsy. I never thought this plant to treat things like that. I will definitely keep watching the show. The government really should do more legit medical studies on this drug.

15. I see 16313 studies over at the national institute of health right now, how many do you think they need?

cannabinoid - PubMed - NCBI

16. Can't blow o's

17. Don't need more studies, we need politicians who pull their head out of their ass and do what people want.

18. Need to move through the clinical trials too.....

19. According to my heart docs there isn't any.

All five of them told me that as long as I was using a vape, there wouldn't be any ill effects on my heart, from my using Cannabis, and according to studies, they had read, it might help.

20. a little coughing for mr, head like u can fly high. try Jack hearer