Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Negative effects from smoking cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by milkpuller420, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Ok guys, we all know that smoking weed is fun an great and all that but let's be honest, there are some negative effects that come from it and they may not be too severe, but there are still negative effects. So I would like to know what long term negative effects you guys noticed or know of directly from smoking weed. When I say long term I mean not negative effects while high (paranoia, memory loss) but negative effects after the high. So please post
    What I noticed
    More forgetfulness
    Life seems less important (no goals)
    Always feel like I'm in a dream
    Less motivation to do things I have too

So post yours please It'd be greatly appreciated

2. Yeah can't deny the reasons you gave.

T breaks are key.

3. You notice any others ?

4. i noticed the dream like state. it feels like im still little high the next day. only if i get REALLY high though. idk, i have adhd so that after-high is helpful. i noticed the state of mind is a tempting one. its easy to want to smoke again, even if your not physicly addicted.

5. Yea the dream like state is the worst one for me I really hate that feeling because even tho it evently goes away I feel likes its permanent And it drives me crazy lol

6. It's idiots like you that give pot a bad name . Prove these "long term" side effects please.

7. Word...

Pot makes me me the same person , i just enjoy things much more and more quiet..

Unless

I'm baked then shit :smoking:

8. Uh there's no reason to be rude or snide to me. I live in NYC also.any ways all the side effects I felt others felt also so it's not like I'm pulling it out of my ass. And it's people like you that I'm sopposed to look up to you should be ashamed of ur self lol.

9. ulcers, dementia, munchies, the bends, ass cancer, the clap... Pot is hell of a drug

10. As long as I don't have anything that needs to be done, none of those short term effects are that bad. Of course smoking anything isn't good for you, but it isn't anything your body can't mend over a bit of time. It is kind of discomforting knowing that weed actually temporarilly alters the chemical composition of your brain slightly

11. Naw I think it's more of the people that blow up for no reason. Then again they give anything they associate themselves with a bad name. C'mon Cudder

I don't notice a dream like state, but my mind doesn't work to its full capacity if I'm high or have been high recently. That sort of stems into the lack of motivation you brought up. Keep it in moderation and it won't turn into a habit that has a negative impact on your life

12. Cops, Paranoia (due to legal status).

13. I've been using my bong too much recently and haven't had time to go to the gym so my lungs are a little sore
    That's about it

14. I sort of feel like somethings blocking my train of thought, but it fades away after a lengthy while (about 2 weeks)... if you're paranoid about longterm side effects either get stoned a shit tonne less frequently or just dont get as stoned as much - only 1 or 2 cones :D

15. -Not being able to eat when not high.
    -Resin-caked lungs.

Both go away after a quick break, but these are the two things that consistently force me to stop smoking. I can handle the effects on personality/interests and integrate them into my life pretty seamlessly, but the physical cannot be ignored forever.

16. If you smoke it, it causes some lung damage. However we can assess the amount of actual damage by doing a little simple math!

Smoking Pot, Cigarettes Ups COPD Risk (news - 2009)
    Smoking Pot, Cigarettes Ups COPD Risk

When COPD was clinically confirmed though a diagnostic method known as spirometric testing:

• The incidence of COPD among participants who smoked cigarettes alone was 2.7 times higher than among nonsmokers.
    • The incidence of COPD was 2.9 times higher among participants with a history of smoking both cigarettes and pot, even after controlling for other risk factors for the pulmonary disease.
    • COPD risk among people who smoked marijuana, but not tobacco, was slightly higher than among nonsmokers, but the increase was not statistically significant.

Tobacco + pot ups your risk for COPD 2.9 times. Tobacco alone, ups your risk 2.7 times... subtract to get the amount of damage that cannabis does to already tobacco-injured lungs! .... A whole .2 increase in risk! :cool: You could likely get that sort of increase just living in a big city!

So why do pot smoker cough so much compared to tobacco smokers? Simply because cannabis does NOT "knock out" the cilia that clean out your lungs, like tobacco does! It is because the cilia are doing their jobs that we cough! In a tobacco smoker all the ash and nicotine just stay in your lungs to do bad things! :(

Granny :wave:

(side note- I am listening to wild geese honking - a pair has landed in the pond! :D )

17. Not everyone is as susceptible to these effects it all depends on how much you smoke how long you have smoked, t breaks and mental stability.

All of those factors can attribute to certain negative effects experienced by some

You ask to prove but it's obvious putting a chemical in your body, changing the way everything works is obviously going to produce some other effects you can't deny that.

But like I said some are more susceptible so don't start bashing people. any drug is always gonna look bad. but lying about long-term effects makes it look worse and look at the long-term effects listed and compare to any other drug even asprin and tell me what really looks bad.

18. Pot makes people blame their lack of motivation on pot!

19. Potato chips make you fat if you eat it a lot and smoking bud creates forgrtfullness if you eat a lot. Whatev.

20. pretty much. I hatte feeling liek i'm in a dreamstate, dreamland. The biggest thing is the effect weed has on your money.