Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

negative effect of pot

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dc123, Aug 14, 2011.

1. I was watching this documentary with scientists and everything. It was totally unbiased because the scientists even admitted to smoking pot. The results of their tests were this: When you smoke a lot, like daily, for a long time.... your brain stops creating it's own THC because you get it from the weed. The THC helps us to relax.

The results showed that when people smoke a whole bunch, they have cravings and withdrawals from it just like nicotine or anything else because their bodies want to have that THC in them again. It also makes it harder when you stop smoking, to relax because your brain/body doesn't create the THC as much anymore since you have been smoking and bringing it into your body on your own so your body is like..."guess I don't need to create much more of that stuff anymore". That is why it makes it harder to relax when you're "addicted" to marijuana. <-- I use the word 'addicted' in a very light manner.

I'm gonna have to agree with this though b/c I have been smoking constantly for about 2 years and when I don't smoke or I run out, it is a lot harder for me to relax or be in a really great mood without smoking.

Don't judge. I saw it, it makes sense. I'm not hating on the herb, I'm stoned right now.

2. This is true o_O

3. i can agree to these findings.

4. What was the documentary called?

5. Yeah I could see that happening. Thanks for sharing.

I now have a reason to smoke all day every day!

6. It's the same concept for if you goto the gym daily for 2 years, you would probably feel uneasy not going a couple of days.

7. I believe it.

8. Hmm I can agree with that if I don't get my daily dose of THC I can't sleep or relax as easy.

9. I agree 100%, if you ever see me in a thread of somebody whining that theyre not happy, you'll see me post and explain that marijuana -when abused- is a depressant, not an anti depressant. Its as if certain people thought that if they only got high all the time then they would be infinitely happy. It s a very childish and immature thought process.

Fact: People that can delay gratification live happier lives (generally speaking).

10. Nothing is perfect, herb is just really close :p

11. Does your brain really create it's own thc I mean i can see it be a different type of thc but idk.

12. since when does your brain create its own thc? lol

and thc isn't even the cannabinoid responsible for 'relaxing' you

13. #14 SirBongwalski, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2011
    I can't find anything about your brain making it's own thc even theories I can believe the other stuff your saying though.
    http://www.marijuanalibrary.org/brain2.html
    That's a really interesting article I know you have cannabonoids if your body made it's own thc getting high would feel normal.

14. The brain creates cannabonids, not THC.

15. Does that theory work with any drug? If I have too much ibuprofen too frequently is my body going to start to rely on ibuprofen?

16. oh shit man... wait i have a solution. never stop smoking weed ^_^

17. #18 fightermaverick, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Genius!!!

18. #19 SirBongwalski, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2011
    Not a tolerance with ibuprofen but other drugs nicotine, alcohol, caffeine, and opiods etc all do that. That's how you get a physical addiction.

19. Humans do indeed create their own cannibanoids..:

The human brain contains receptors, specifically for cannabinoids. The brain also produces its own natural cannabinoids, called anandamide (uh-NANN-duh-myd) and 2-arachidonylglycerol (AH-ruh-kid-ON-uhl-GLISS-uh-rol). These two compounds have been found in the brains of animals as well.

source: Marijuana - Effects on the Body: Encyclopedia of Drugs and Addictive Substances