Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Negative Dilute Pre-Employment Test: How Can I Not Over Dilute?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SmokingSocially, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Hello All! I'm an occasional smoker. I'm a female. 5'8. Around 180 lbs. Average build. Semi-Athletic. I've been sharing a few blunts with a friend maybe 3/4x per month since February, before then I smoked even less, maybe once in a blue moon for the past 6 years.

I've been out of full-time work for almost a year and after applying for a job in November, I finally received a call back to interview on June 10. The hiring process in my career field usually takes FOREVER, months at a time, so against my better judgement my friend and I did our usual and shared a few blunts on June 11-13. Before then the last time I had smoked was on May 28 (a couple hits off a roach). Freaking out, I completely stopped smoking and avoided being around any smoke after the last time on the 13th.

On June 20, I receive a job offer. After a few days of thinking things through, I accept it and I set up a start date upon passing a background check and a pre-employment drug test. During this time I had been working out hard every day, detoxing with lemon water, pure cranberry juice, and drinking Gatorade. I already take a multivitamin and sublingual B-12. I also purchased a few different brands of home tests and received negative results on each, albeit a few extremely faint lines on a few.

On June 28, I took my U/A, 15 days after abstaining. Prior to my test, I stopped working out for almost 5 days and starting eating creatine-rich foods like Salmon, raw sushi, and meat lovers pizza (I don't eat beef). I drank maybe a half gallon of fluids (water, Gatorade, and cranberry juice) before going in and took my last home test, which came out negative before going in.

This morning, I received a call from HR notifying me that my result came back diluted and they were granting me a retest. After the call, I picked up a home test after not drinking anything for two hours and barely passed. Now, I'm stressing myself out again on how I can pass this without drinking too much but drinking just enough. Usually I drink a lot of fluids anyway, 1. Because it's hot. 2. I love ice. 3. I get dehydrated easily.

Any tips, y'all? I've decided to only drink Gatorade the day of my re-test, they're giving me until July 6, which was supposed to be my start date but I didn't want to wait that long because it may look bad.

2. Test yourself in the morning with your first void and before you drink anything. If you pass that you're good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. They test for specific gravity... That's what you need to know you drank too much water would decrease the chances of enough of a Metabolite to meet the threshold to trigger a positive result. If a The person hydrates normally they will have a certain specific gravity range. When somebody falls greatly outside of that range you know they've over hydrated they consider that an attempt to mask the metabolites in your urine. So they want your specific gravity to have a certain concentration so even if you drink a Tonna water you'll still get a fail in terms of negative dilute. You'll be afforded the option to retest there could be a higher chance it would to be supervised at that point but you would need to have abstained for at least 30 days minimum from smoking.

4. I took my retest today. I didn't eat anything before going and only drank a 8 oz of water and less than one 32 oz of Gatorade from around 8 - 11 a.m. I took my test at around 11:10 a.m. and the collector said it looked yellow but they don't test it at that location.

I hope I didn't over dilute. I passed my home test with my second void at around 6 a.m.

I'm stressing.

5. When will you find out the results of the test? Just because you drink Gatorade right before you feed doesn't mean you're Phil it's you just can't be drinking gallons of water days before but the same time if you're still trying to somewhat higher mass the metabolites the THC the dilution is a really fine line where it works doesn't

6. Last time I found out within 2 days that I was diluted, but it's a holiday weekend coming up so I probably won't find out until Tuesday. I'm not really that concerned if I get a negative result anymore, I just don't want it to come back diluted again and I get my job offer rescinded.