Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Negative Aspects of Marijuana

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by 805toda520, Aug 16, 2008.

1. I don't know what you're talking about. Even in Canada, you can be arrested for a gram. You can be arrested for paraphernalia, you don't even have to have herb on you.

conviction is a different matter, though. Also, many law enforcement agencies no longer bother, but it certainly not something to bank on.

2. #22 Appocolyptik, Aug 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2008
    You feel lethargic and tired all the time. It wrecks your motivation and completely diminishes your vocaluarly and ability to actually think about things. It badly affects your sex life and drastically curbs your desire to get laid. When you wake up in the morning, all you want to do is get stoned and once you've smoked, constructive exercises like sports and writing go out the window for the rest of the day. Seriously, try weightlifting or playing football when you're stoned and tell me there isn't an awful effect on your performance. It turns you into a gormless mong with slow, inarticulate speech and automatically gives you a bad reputation in the eyes of people who aren't stoners. You become completely dependant on it and forget what it's like to be actually stone cold sober, you can't sleep well without it either. It demolishes your lungs, limiting physical performance and giving you a nasty smokers cough where you cough up horrible grey phlegm. Oh yeah, it BURNS through your money as well.

Can anyone still raise their hand and tell me there are no negative aspects of marijuana? I'll laugh you out of court.

3. Sad and I hate to say it but,
    Marijuana is being cut with more unknown substances more and more often.
    I've heard it being cut with: soap / fabreeze / glass frosting/ fiberglass / water (still gay) / and a buncha other random shit.

4. beautiful quote...

yo i smoked wayyy over the past year or so.. a lot a day, livin the life... and im on week 3 of a break... and i feel like i smoked 2 hours ago....fuckin sucks. dont get me wrong i love herb as much as the next guy but shit moves in the corner of my eyes and shit.. def cud be worse but i feel damn burnt out..

maybe i gotta keep up not smokin? damn this shit sucks hahah

5. In my area of chicago cops got better things to do then busting dope heads. I have been wallking around town for a year with dope and I have never been busted. They are after the big big dealers not little gram bags. Plus if your not operating a bike or car they cant really fuck with you.

Be smart and you will be fine. all my mates that have gotten caught got caught in cars.

6. #26 Appocolyptik, Aug 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2008
    Edited: My comment posted prior to editing was out of order and I have personally appologized to owowow2 for it.

7. After a period of heavy use I do notice that my memory tends to be worse... A 3 day break fixes that though.

8. This is all referring to someone who smokes all day everyday. There are some people who just do it once a day and others only once or twice a week. I for one really enjoy sex when stoned and it seems to help the sex life if having any effect at all.

The idea of also becoming completely dependent is also not out of any real physical response your body is having or craving but rather peoples own addictive personalities and liking the feeling. I think it is perfectly capable to lead a normal happy life and smoke. This is of course different than people who smoke all day like you are referring to but it does exist.

9. #29 Sharkoffs, Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008

Well my friend, I hope you do know that your exagerating the negative effects of MJ and blowing them completly out of proportion, you say you can't workout while high, I on the other hand always toke up a little bit with my vaporizer before I go to work out for 2 hours straight, 1 hour of cardio and 1 hour of weightlifting.

In my honest opinion, MJ helps me get through my workout easier and it makes time fly for me, so what normally would be a lethargic evreyday routine of going to the gym, is now spiced up thanks to this wonderfull plant. (that your badmouthing at the moment)
    MJ affects evreybody differently please don't generalize.

And if you see a stoner who is seemingly stupid, maybe you should consider the thought that the person was born this way and its not the MJ. I smoked 2 days before my IQ test with a vaporizer and I scored a 138 that if you don't know already is gifted. So please don't feed me your little bullshit propaganda speech on how MJ affects so called "EVERYBODY" badly when you don't consider the factor that "EVERYBODY"is not you.

Hope you enjoyed my 2 cents, Sharkoffs

10. These are not problems with weed, but with your personality, how you use your weed, and your personal lack of control.

Don't fucking dare try to blame cannabis for your lack of ability to control it.

11. Amen.

12. Exactly. End thread. +rep for you.

13. I think you just saved my life....that's genius.

14. #34 GreenweLL, Aug 18, 2008
    idk about you guys but

I've been chiefing everyday for almost a year and a half..yea seriously I remember taking bong rips before getting my wisdom teeth taken out and getting home and take 2 more bong rips right after and kept smoking bongs, no blunts or stooges and somehow never got dry sockets.

I was captain of the soccer team my senior year, scored 19 goals, and we went to the final four regionals for the first time ever, with my best friend who smoked with me before everyday practice,workout, game and only 4 away games we didnt get ripped before.. we fucking killed it..

Man,.. graduated my senior year of high school 30th outta 180ish kids and after soccer, I went through a creatine, protein shake bulking type deal and I would only blaze after my workout session when i was getting big and be fanboozled high and all dorphined up ( you know that feeling after working out where the limbs are weightless and weird feeling, yea that ) endorphin or some shit.

can't always blame the weed for being a putzzzzzzzzz.

15. Getting beat by a new dealer and having to put up some fat stacks of bills for some fat sacks of the green seem to be the only bad things that have happened to me besides getting caught.

16. I love my girl way to much to be some middleman "dealer" and easily get fucked, raided, sting operation, surveilliance (sp), me and mj got this good chemistry going..:cool:

its never gonna be worth it until I am the source, no middleman.

17. #37 Ataraxis, Aug 18, 2008
    Lol that's a lot of money man for those that smoke a lot. Why not buy an oz for 200 and only bring a gram out with you?

Smoking pot is bad for my memory, mostly of the times I was high. So after a week of heavy smoking I'll be like... wtf did I do this week? I hate that, so now I keep it to special occasions once a week or so.

18. I truly believe that weed hurts your brain, of only temporarily. I never feel as sharp and fail to grasp difficult concepts for a few days after smoking. Everybody says weed is fine but I dont believe that.

19. Your truly a unique individual then. Weed has always helped me grasp concepts very nicely.

20. My lack of ability to control it? There is nothing else at all I can say I am 'addicted' to. I definitely do not have an addictive personality, but am most definitely psychologically addicted to weed, as every time I've tried quitting I've just ended up smoking more. It's not wrecked my life but it's definitely affected my motivation and intellect, I've only been smoking everyday for under a year too. And people can fuck off saying these things affect just me, literally all my friends heavily smoke and I've noticed the same problems in them but, like 99% of this forum, people are too scared to turn any kind of honest critique on themselves. People will happily call someone else fat or ugly, but if someone said that about themselves they'd take extreme offence. People automatically dumb down their weaknesses and drastically exaggerate their strengths, it's common human nature. I love weed like everyone here, and perhaps that's where the problem lies. We all love it, which is why very few people here can see any bad points about it.

I fully agree that smoking in totally moderate amounts like 2 gramms a week is a Godsend, but once you've been smoking for long enough and your whole friend circle is based around it, it becomes a lot harder to keep it to 'moderation.' Smoking weed every day is definitely not a good thing because no matter how 'unnadictive' a personality you have, you WILL become dependant on it to some degree.