Negative and positive pressure? help pleeeeeeease?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JamesLoganson, Jun 25, 2016.

1. #1 JamesLoganson, Jun 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    I just wanted to ask you growers, I've just bought a a small fan, hung it from top of the tent, I've got my fan blowing from top to bottom, while my exhaust fan is sucking from top(attached it to back of the light reflect so it sucks majority of hot air, the air is sucked in from the bottom to top.
    Anyway I'm a little confused I heard the pressure needs to be balanced, have I set it up correctly? here's a digram to explain it better.
    I feel like air is trapped because its getting blown and sucked at the same time from same location, will this work?

Attached Files:

2. You should be good. Is your small hanging fan blowing towards the ground or towards the top? I'd make sure it was pointed towards the plants.

3. It's blowing towards the ground while the air is getting sucked out from the top.

4. Right you cf is sucking all the dank air out, do you have a booster fan? How are you getting new air in your tent? How's your temps

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. New air in the tent comes from negative pressure created by the inline fan.

Op, I think you'd get more out of your fan if you aimed it at your plants. That way, you're insuring air circulation directly to them.

What's the sq footage of your grow area? What sorta specs you got on that exhaust fan you're using?

6. Yes I understand what your saying. I guess my set up is a little different, because I suck fresh air from the outside or though a/c, I'm also don't have a Hps I'm using an LED my tent is only 36x20x62. I have 2 clip fans aimed at my plant and under light over canopy and plants. What size is your tent or grow space?

7. My flowering tent I use for my personal grow is pretty much the same size as yours. I have a 210 cfm inline fan pulling through 6in ducting through a cool time with a 400w hps hortilux bulb in there.

Temps get hot, so during the summer I open a vent and all pump in a/c through another, and I have two 8in fans hanging from the top of the tent. With all that I can keep temps down in the mid 70s when it's 110 out in the middle of the day during summer.

It's a small setup, but it gets me a pound per harvest off a 400w bulb and probably 800-850watts including a/c and fans and everything... That's all I need for personal use for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  8. FFS lol this is more difficult to explain than I though, my fan is aimed at my plant the air is blowing directly at them, but what I'm trying to say is air comes through the bottom (I've opened one of the exhaust holes from the bottom right side) on my top left side I have my Duct pipe, what I'm trying to say is fresh air comes in normally getting sucked to the top of the tent ready to leave the tent but my oscillating fan blows hot air back down to the plants?
    at least that's what I've observed, but even though this is happening there is still negative pressure, I wanted to know if this was right. (my duct pipe is black in the picture)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. Read my previous post plz, hope I've explained myself better.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ah, it's probably my fault dude. I'm on vacation with my girl and we've been drinking since 9 this morning...

If you can feel warm air blowing on your plants, it's not necessarily the worst thing, as long as your temps aren't hitting like, upper 80s or anything and it's all circulating enough.

Also, your plants look pretty great dude. Nice work.

11. Thanks bro, It's my 3rd grow, I've lst'd all the way from seedling, and I've supper cropped taller branches to stunt their growth for others to catch up, I've used 3 feed types with different NPK ratios on different stages of growth from liquid nut to powder form, but now I use tomato feed, it's going great, my soil is also recycled, when I first started growing everyone was saying buy this soil buy this nut buy that nut buy a nut made just for ganja plant, I mean fair enough if you're a complete newby then yeah good to be exact but if you gain some experience it almost costs nothing to grow except the expensive electricity.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Sounds like a Nice set up! I'm using a Mars 600 278 draw with a 4" inline 190cfms and a 4" booster fan 100cfms hook up to a/c and get temps like your depending on how low I want my thermostat. I'm near Nyc where it's been Hot the last few weeks. I'm using that tent for clones and setting up shop in a bigger room with a 4x4 and a 600 Mh/Hps. Your getting Nice yields in a small tent like that! How many plants?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ah man, once you get the hang of it, your growing style is completely up to you! It's awesome making that transition to where you're actually confident about your style and abilities. Not many get there for sure.

I'm in the southwest, not 40 miles from Mexico and it's been fucking hot here. And I feel ya on electricity, bro. I'm getting charged 18 cents/kwh during peak summer months and it fucking sucks.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I was spending about £1.50 a day during 18/6, and yeah when you go on forums like these or come across people doing grows with same equipment as you and get lots of yield and you've done crappy makes you really pissed off because you've wasted time effort and money, so you try learning more so you can increase your yield, hope I get good yield this time!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Only two main plants. Sometimes I throw a random cutting in a 1gal. in the corner. I really want to upgrade, but I've got another medical grow on with a friend that has much more room for production for our patients. This one is for my own use.

I've always been interested in LED's, but have never wanted to shell out the bucks for a system when I've been doing so well with my already established style... I'd try at my other site, but I don't wanna fuck with my folks meds, ya know?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ah man, I wouldn't even worry about it. I've been growing with this set up for close to 5 years, so I've got a lot more harvests in this style under the belt.

As long as you're at it and learning, that's really all that matters. You'll start pulling 1g/watt in no time.

• Like Like x 2
  17. I've been interested in LED grows too possibly in 6months to a year time but It just makes me think you'd get shit yield and they seem overly complicated I mean what if one of the leds in there stops working how would you replace each tiny led I know LED's suppose to have a longer life span but it still makes me wonder is it worth wasting electricity for less lumen.

• Like Like x 2
  18. That's a lot of money £1.50 a day! I'm in the states my bill may have went up $25 and I had 4 fans running 24/7. Yeah I feel you on that high Fucking bill. But you'll get there Bro, it takes time, before you know it you'll be getting 1lb yields. You'll do Great on your Plants Now
    Good Luck

• Like Like x 2
  19. £2 for everything, my 600w computer, and other gaming gear I have lool, it's not that bad I guess but still even 1£ a day makes a huge difference. And thank you I hope I do too.

• Like Like x 2
  20. So that's $2.22 USD a day so say about $60 to $65 a month. My bill probably will be just as big when I get a 600Hps I was thinking if I put out the money for a nice Led like a black dog or kind I may save money in the long run but no light compares to a Hps