neem oil

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by nardo72, Jul 24, 2016.

1. can someone tell me can I use neem oil in place of neem meal in my soil ,new to this need help

2. No. Oils create a thick layer that make it so microbes can't decompose the fertilizer. The oil encapsulates the fertilizer and repeated use can cause peat to go hydrophobic.

Neem meal has some great benefits. Look into neem dredges. You'll see the pics and what I'm saying.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. you can add it to your watering in a diluted form

neem oil is systemic

the plant can drink it up

offering great protection against sap suckers and leaf eaters

good luck

• Like Like x 3
  4. Neem may be the cause of CHS.

Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome

Neem works by making the bugs too sick to eat. And now there is a new illness where heavy pot smokers have horrible horrible vomiting fits.

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Please, just bc it is organic does not make it safe. Canada will not allow it on food.

I can't say 100% but I'm making sure my herb is Neem free.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. How many times are you going to post this bullshit ? :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. I hope you never get this bro.

Smoke all the Neem you like. But I'll error on the side of caution on this one and only hope this stops the issues.

Media is trying to sell the story pot makes people sick. I'd rather it turn out to be something put on the weed. Maybe an oil that makes bugs vomit when smoked can make the same exact thing happen in people.

I expect consumers will be asking for Neem free buds. I will.

7. You're either a troll or just flat out stupid. Canada banned been only to study and classyify it. Their are zero studies on what you're talking about. Neem oil is only meant to be use during during veg, most people are not going to spray during flowering. Meaning by the time you reach harvest any trace of neem will be gone from plant.

Cannabis Hypermesis is bullshit, stop posting lies and propaganda. You have no clue what you're talking about and spreading false information.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. I don't get the hostility.

I get sick, vomit badly. Docs tell me it's CHS.

I agree that makes no sense. But if it's not bud making people sick what is it?

Oh there is a pesticide WITH THE EXACT SAME SYMPTOMS. Could it be the pesticide? What a crazy thought.

Are there other products that can be used? Yep. So why the religious love of this one suspect product? Is it the "organic" claim that means it must be safe? Is that the offense?

Is there any harm is avoiding a possible toxin? Nope. So why the hostility.

No one has studied Neem or anything else as a pot pesticide. The science has not gone there yet. Right now we have acticdotal evidence of the connection.

After 5 y of suffering this is the first thing that makes any sense.

Fine this isn't 100%. Not saying it is. But something is making me and other people sick. And Neem is suspect.

This is cutting edge, docs barely look at this problem. They are satisfied to blame the pot and be done with it. But people have been smoking pot forever. What's different now?

Doubt as you will, you should. Then decide if the benifit is worth the risk. And even if the Neem theory is not true, people are going to be demanding Neem free weed. It's just going to be worth less.

I'd pay more to know my bud is clean of Neem. And if a connection is found and proven any Neem treated weed will be close to worthless.

CHS is real, but the true causation is unknown. But what seems more likely? an herb people have been smoking for 4000 years is causing violent vomiting just in the past decade? Or a pesticide that makes bugs vomit that has been used for a decade on pot is causing heavy smokers to also have vomiting fits?

As i've said in another post. I'm not a doctor, I'm a lawyer. And there is a strong case to be made Neem may be making people sick.

If I were trolling I'd have insulted your mother, or wished birth defects in your children. All I am saying is careful with that Neem it may well be making people (me) sick. Time will tell.

9. Interesting. I have only recently heard of CHS. I also thought the ingestion of pesticides could be an issue. As for it being neem, I don't know. I think if it were neem it would be from foliar spraying, not from its use in the soil. There is also a certain type of fungus or mold that grows on poorly kept neem seeds...there are certain sources of neem that certify this isn't present in the finished product. As anything, it isn't simple to prove the root cause. Funny enough, I don't spray neem on my leaves and I work for an extraction lab that doesn't accept neem-sprayed cannabis since it gums up our machine.
    Best of luck to you.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

10. for a lawer you sure do jump to conclusions fast...
    the first recorded diagnosis of CHS was in 2004, long before growing organic cannabis was practiced by many, if at all. and WAY before neem started showing up in peoples toolkit as a pest prevention aid.
    im sure there were plenty of occurrences even before the recorded one in 2004, it was just probably not diagnosed as such or not at all.

as for a conspiracy theory... well i think they will need a bit more then CHS to take cannabis down.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I wouldn't say conspiracy theory, more a theory as to causation other than the MJ. I do think there is a strong case to be made of the link. If people suffering from these symptoms can find relief from avoiding neem I want to share what I have learned

Interesting you note we first start seeing this problem in 2004, in Australia. A quick search of neem and Australia shows the neem tree grows there and there are a couple companies which sell neem products which are proud to be in business since 1998. We didn't see these symptoms for a few more years in the US. Haven't found when neem became available widely here yet.

The neem oil is derived from the seeds, not the bark which is what is used as a traditional tooth brush. We do have several accounts of neem oil poisoning out of India. Neem oil poisoning: Case report of an adult with toxic encephalopathy And the symptoms match this mystery MJ vomit condition.

I don't see any cases from the UK where it Neem oil is banned. CRD | Enforcement | Products Containing Azadirachtin (also known as Neem Oil)
    Also cant get Neem as a pesticide in Canada where we are not really seeing this problem. So why AU and US?

Also and more likely than just the oil the active ingredient Azadirachtin. This chemical is sold in a concentrated form and likely being misused on flowers. AzaGuard Insecticide Nematicide. We don't see the problem in casual users so I expect it takes both chronic use and tainted bud thus increasing the rarity.

I haven't jumped to a conclusion, but after 5y of suffering I have some suspicions. I have real concerns this is the source on this mystery illness. Doctors have been useless. When I read up how Neem works as an anti-feedant it was like I was reading a description of my condition. I have sourced neem/Azadirachtin free herb and we'll see if I have another attack.

12. Placebo effect.. Need actually studies to show this, however keep in mind just because its neem free doesn't make it safe (they could be using something worse) .. I imagine smoking certain bugs/eggs/larva isnt good for you either...Are you a dabber(heavy)?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. I mostly smoke green. And I have been buying from the store to support legal.

I've smoked dabs when I go stay with my grower friend. No problems off them.

I bought a 1/2 from the shop and had two attacks off that sack. After not having an attack in 6 m. Same sack made my teeth hurt as I smoked it.

I suspect Neem after reading what it does and the timeframe and locations of the attacks. Another grower claims to have worked this out in a side to side challenge. The digger I deep the more I think this is what is happening to me.

It has to be something different about the weed that is causing CHS. I've been smoking clean weed all weekend. I am as we speak roasting one on my boat over lunch off the old sack down here. Mostly to see if I think it tastes different

And... can feel it in my teeth. its a 19% called Candyland. Sativia. Low cbd 0.08. And the cotton mouth is different, filmy. There is something on this bud. I'm sure of it.

Doubt away. I suspect azadirachtin is at the root of CHS. And I want to find out. One way or the other.

14. wrong thread..

15. As a lawyer don't ya think the docs would have named it "Unexpalined Neem Poisening- UNP"

er ...merican doc's too not that it counts much...

Neem Oil is used by me ..my family at least 2x times per week in cooking alone...try it in your weekend curries most of India does too...yet no complaints from me or India

admittingly a few years ago some kids did die by drinking a bottle ..but thats kids shame really
    but they did drink a lot see Wiki

indeed this has been around the block many times yawn!

painful teeth..? see a dentist don't blame weed....lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. This thread is a couple of years old I know but it’s a fine example of why I try not to ask about Neem anymore.

17. Boy, does THAT look like a clusterflock.

18. Everyone I know that grows anything outdoors uses neem oil and never had any adverse effects from it. I use it, just like most others stop the last few weeks in flower and still rinse or wash buds after harvest. Not one person I know that smokes weed has ever gotten sick from it. Sounds like a pile of BS to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Neem bud is gross. Why would you defend it? You've created a reality comparable to some fanatic religious belief.. Neem is trash.

• Disagree Disagree x 1

20. Teeth hurting is synthetic ferts. There's a bullshit snake oil line that makes everything smell like Runtz candy (yet taste like chemical poison) and it makes your teeth hurt.

Legal growers are mostly ex meth/heroin heads for some reason, and are so stupid they use novelty snake oil super booster fertilizers with all sorts of shit put in them, but its not neem, its something else in the unflushed growstore con artist scammer trash that causes the tooth pain.