Neem oil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by UnClE tOm198666, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Need to start a neem oil treatment really soon. This is my first grow ever, and so far all is well, but I'm kind of confused about using the neem oil. I hear that some people prefer spaying when the lights are off, and some say they just raise there lights. So when is best to apply the neem oil?

2. Try it on a small portion of your plant during the lights. Some plants may have an adverse reaction, so testing might be necessary. If it doesn't hurt the plant, you can do it during the lights.

Or solve the issue and just spray right as the lights go out.

3. I'll test it first, because when the light are off I'm dead to the world haha I'm a very heavy sleeper, also I'm having a problem with the leaves and roots. It's just the tips of the blades, like all the tips are starting to turn a brownish bronze color, and all of the tips on the new leaves growing in are almost transparent. Then with the roots they are starting to grow up to the top of the soil

4. now sure what your issue is with the roots, maybe your not watering long enough, adding smal amounts to actually let it soak completely though the soil, or your not watering enough and leaving only the top of the soil moist, so they are reaching for that water..try to take 10 minutes to water, and let it soak the soil evenly, and run out of bottom

As far as Neem, I spray it on 30 minutes before lights on.

My question about neem is, cant you add a small amount to the watering to help the plant build up a natural defense against mites etc?

id like to try that

5. If everything is going fine why are u applying neem oil? If it ain't broke don't fix it

6. Preventive maintenance for me..never hurts..never know when my dog traveling i my house will bring something in, or me for that matter when im in my garden outside. of course i wash before entering, change cloths, but u never know i guess, alot of work can be destroyed...so i try to prevent it before it happen

7. I have no pets and keep my grow room super clean. So I have no need for preventive measures. Didnt know u had a pet.

8. knock on wood ..hurry!! dont jinx it lol

9. "knock knock" lol

10. The reason I'm applying the neem is because I'm starting to get a lot of gnats in my grow area and want to get rid of them, those things are annoying as hell

11. let the top of your soil dry out all the way.