Neem Death

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Patricia Clemons, Jul 29, 2019.

1. So many benefits, so many risks.

Neem: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Dosage, and Warning

Is this true my friends? I know it is systemic, but is it really this unsafe? Im confused because it says you can eat so much of it and be fine.

Yet it talks about causing sickness and it can cause miscarriages, i am growing outdoor and have pregnant friends so this is very scary to me! I have vegetables too.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Unless you are drinking it out of the bottle I wouldnt worry about it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  3. just thought id share that as this is a chatforum and its related to the op post i didnt write it or anything its relevant to the post

4. its relevent but the facts are much less alarming than the title so I just wanted to TLDR for anyone who doesnt want to read the report.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Did you read this part?
    neem.JPG
    Neem degrades and breaks down quickly in the light anyway but just to be safe pregnent women should maby refrain from sticking any buds in there :smoke:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  6. did you read the whole report the part of several cases of children been intoxicated from a few drops and as little as 5ml as a medicine 10 children cases resulted in fatality thats alarming

7. Yeah well, don't ingest neem oil then.
    This is part of Indian culture they give the kids neem for some reason I forget why. But ingesting neem oil orally (and 5ml is A LOT for a child) is not to be compared with using it as a foliar on cannabis because neem degrades quickly in the light so by the time you are smoking it's long gone.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. that i agree with i also agree that it has good benefits and im not trying to warn people not to use it i was only reading about it last week and i saw this post and thought id post it and yeh its crazy how many different cultures use diff things for diff symptoms i also will say its not a good idea to ingest it

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Download the attached pdf and open in Adobe or another pdf reader. Hit control F on your keyboard and type in toxicity in the search bar and you will find 64 different references for toxicity.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. I also have another pdf of the book The Neem Tree but it is to large of a file size to upload here but you can download it from the link. It has 150+ references using the keyword "toxicity" .

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 4
  11. It'd be my luck that the bugs eat it for breakfast...

However, neem oil is not the only oil mixture that is packaged, marketed, and sold as an OMRI bug treatment for spider mites and aphids..

Canola oil is the main ingredient in this mixture..

Along with emulsifiers..

So maybe it's the oil that the bugs don't like.. which makes sense because cannabis' resin and oils are the plants natural pesticide..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Is oil or neem cake/meal used for birth control? Interesting.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 1
  13. Actually it said infants on the few drops to 5ml, and they were giving the children 25-60ml in the cases that deaths were involved.

@organic_sinse Yes, historically neem has been used as birth control, especially in China. I remember Coot talking about it, but can't find the info atm.

P-

• Like Like x 1
  14. Something being missed . . .

Neem oil should be used on cannabis in vegetation phase only, because frankly, it tastes like shit. When you factor in that neem oil breaks down quickly, it is evident that it's not really a risk. If you end up with neem on your buds you won't want to smoke 'em because they'll taste like ass, and if you used it as it is meant to be used on cannabis it will never be a factor anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. From the link on the last post I just made:

Neem oil and neem leaf preparations have been used traditionally as spermicides^ and
    birth control ointments are now being marketed in India. J. LANGEWALD reports that it is
    a common practice for women in southwestern Malagasy Republic to chew some neem
    leaves everyday to prevent conception ('anti-baby pill1). In the Gambia, tea from neem
    leaves is drunk during the first two months of pregnancy to induce abortion (see also
    chapter 6.2).

That pdf is is 748 pages and is one of the definitive works on the Neem Tree (according to Coot) He sent it to me a couple of years ago but the file size is to big to share the actual pdf here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. It generally breaks down very rapidly in light. Further plants shouldn't be sprayed with neem for 2 weeks prior to harvest which is more than adequate for it to break down entirely. The amount being sprayed on the plant is not enough to harm you after harvest unless you sat down and plowed your face on 15 plants worth of neem sprayed plants that were just sprayed the day before harvest. I find that entire scenario to be highly unlikely honestly.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1