Needs professional assistance for flowering.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by urgr8estfear, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Thank you so much for posting that. as i look at the pics I can get more of a feel for what the harvesting is going to look like.

2. About 25 grams came off this 1 plant.
    No that bad for a first-timer.
    Since I want to provide my own weed to smoke I need to do some upgrades and do a second grow. 25 grams for 5 months just isn't enough. :D
    I post this grow in the journal section :

http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=102259

3. So it looks like 2x plants went hermie. I guess that cutting stressed them out hella. Thats why I'm doing SCROG/SOG (1 month veg, 2 flower) - and prolly not topping at all, maybe once.

4. HUH?
    You did not read the thread, try again.

1 female. 2 male.
    Got that?
    As in NO HERMIES.
    Cutting/topping has nothing to do with that DIRECTLY.
    Yes you can make em go hermie by stressing them ENOUGH but topping em isn't that stressfull.
    You should see the things plants in the wild go through, and still about 50% female.
    If it was so easy to make a hermie, then nature would have made them all hermie a long long time ago.

5. So how long does a thread survive, if nobody is posting in it?
    I'm worried a admin or mod will clean up the system and kill my log.

Does anybody know?
    Admins?
    Mods?

6. Urgr8estfear, in effort to keep this thread alive and in conjuction with my new ability to post... Anyway I like your flouro philosophy, can you tell me about your lights,again, sorry for repitition but your flouros are amazing. 4100k or something.

7. Hey man.
    I have threads on here currently that I started 3 years ago. I have seen threads from around 2001 when GC was established. The thread won't be deleted unless you delete it yourself.

8. Excellent!:gc_rocks:
    Thanks man!

9. Only theoretical limits I see :

1. Maximum age for your plant which should be around 9 months. This includes flowering. Who ever you are and whatever you do eventually your plant WILL DIE. Thats' ok. Just be ready.

Well I beg to differ with ya' on this one.......B4 my unfortunate incident (involving my brothers nasty wife and a phone call 2 the right people) I was Keeper of several strains from way back.
    "Haze X NL#5" seed from The Seed King Himself in 1985 original Mother plant grown from seed in 1987 lived until 2004 would have lived much longer.
    "Hash Plant" the stuff grown by "Angels" on a "Unnamed" Pig-Farm in the mid-west...clone recieved in 1988 lived until 2004

To have sucess you MUST Rinse your pots every 90 Days......Root Prune and re-pot (in same pot) every 6 months with castings in the mix....lil' bit of "Superthrive" in the water......SOIL MIX...... ONLY "PLANTS LIKE DIRT"

Dr. Bud Greene Genes

10. Dr. Green...I have a bubbler set-up going right now but I am struggling over whether to keep mother in a soil mix or keep her in her own bubbler. This would mean nute changes every 10 days and way too much maintenace(I believe)in order to maintain a happy healthy enviroment for her. Do you believe that I if I choose to keep her in a soil mix I can keep taking cuttings from her for my rockwool/hydroton/bubbler without worrying whether it is shocking for them to go into a hydro set-up after being cut from a soil based mum? :smoking: I am asking you this question because I have a pretty good feeling you know what the hell you are talking about. I respect your opinion very much. Thank you for posting in the city!:wave:

11. What a great looking plant for a fluro grow.......

12. so what did you do with the pureed males?

13. so what did you do with the pureed males?

14. I threw it away.
    Tried making ISO of males once, not worth the isopropanol I used for it.
    I can think of two uses it may have for me in the future :
    -poor man's tobacco (no nicotine but it does produce smoke)
    -decomposing it into compost and using it for the next grow.

But getting high or stoned? Forget it.
    Especially when you, like me presex to seperate the boys from the girls, when even the girls aren't worth smoking for a buzz yet.
    Maybe a fully grown male would have some what of a small effect on me, but I really don't have the space for that since seeds comes so cheap and electricity does not.

15. This is one of the most impressive first grows I've seen in a while. Wish my first turned out that well. Well done man... this is by far one of the most helpful journals I've seen. Mad props and good luck with this season. 08 that is...

16. very nice grow showing flouros kicking ass. I prefer the t5 flouros for budding and CFLs for veg but whatever works for you man :).

17. I use the same method of pruning to get as many tips for buds.

Inverted triangle.

These are about 6 weeks old from seed. The2 Northern Lights#1 are clones.

Attached Files:

18. How do you prune your plants? at what age, height??
    Thanks

19. #79 OsV, May 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2009
  20. Wow bro bummer about the males. I'm really into some of your ideas. Maybe next time buy feminized or sacrifice some of your lady for clones. Good luck!