Needing some help deciding on a new "toking tool"

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by NahawaDoumbia, Jul 24, 2011.

1. #1 NahawaDoumbia, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011
    So im looking to buy a new "toking tool" and im trying to decide between a bubbler, a bong, or a steam roller

My choice for the bubbler would be a: Helix Bubbler

Choice for Bong would be a: PHX Duo Straight

Choice for Steamroller: Incredibowl i420

I have never used a bubbler, or a steamroller..ive only ever used spoons and a bong once and with that said. my mind instantly gravitates towards the incredibowl and my reason for this above any of the others is..durability. i have a horrid history with glass,and just tipping things over. i am constantly breaking glass items (seems like once every couple of weeks) tipping a cup over or a bottle or knocking something off my desk so to me the incredibowl seems fantastic, id never have to worry about breaking it, dropping it,tipping it over and having something shatter and so it would probably pay for itself in the first week of having it. let me know what you guys think, compare experiences if you have used any of the above products, maybe help me to understand why i should chose one above the other (like why a bong would be better than a bubbler or a bubbler would be better than a steamroller)

hopefully this thread hasn't been done before..i tried searching for something like it but couldn't find anything.

2. I've heard that the incredibowl is fucking awesome

3. you sir have heard the truth!

i would grab the mini one though and a decent bubbler. the mini gets you plenty ripped and then you also have glass when you want a wet hit
    :smoke:

4. #4 amw999999999, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    The incredibowl is not a steamroller, it's much, much better. The only thing you can break is the bowl and every i420 comes with a lifetime warranty, I think. The incredibowl will use your weed so fucking slowly. The first time I used mine I dug out a couple tiny pieces of purple haze that I spilled in my bag (the last of my bud at the time), got stoned as fuck and could barely even drive. A very small bowl to your dome will get you very stoned every time.

As far as bongs vs. bubblers vs. steam rollers, it's just a matter of preference. They will all get you high but only the incredibowl will do it without burning through you bud quickly. I'm a pretty big fan of the incredibowl in case you can't tell.

5. #5 amw999999999, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    If you get the mini one get the extension too. Not quite as good as the i420 but still damn good and less than half the price. I've broken bong bowls and down stems multiple times, but I've never broken anything on my incredibowl.

6. The incredibowl is alright... you might as well just get a thick spoon instead though, the incredibowl is a hell of a lot of money for what it is.

7. #7 NahawaDoumbia, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011
    Thank you all for the helpful comments! :D this has helped me further in making my decision. One this i was wondering, and i know its totally different so im trying to think of how to apply it to this but. When i smoked hookah i started off with a cheapie $30 dollar hookah, i then went up to a $150 dollar hookah thinking " O man this is gonna be so much better!!!" and i was completely wrong. my $30 dollar hookah smoked better than the $150, it didn't rust or corrode like my $150 hookah did (that's after 3 uses) and ive had it for 3 years now and it still smokes like a champ..so i guess what im getting at is. What makes a $300 dollar bong different/better from one that's $100 because to me i cannot tell a difference between a $100 bong and a $300 bong unless you add a perc in there..and i mean its just glass so there cant be that much of a difference in how it smokes right??. i could understand that the price difference would be the thickness of the glass thus the $300 would be more durable than a $100 bong..i just don't want to go into this thinking that a bong of higher price is going to provide me with a better smoking experience if it really wont.

8. The glass on nicer bongs is actually a higher quality glass. Its more durable, where as less expensive glass will corrode more quickly, break more easily, and not look quite as nice.
    Also, if you look at a less expensive tube and a more expensive tube with the same stem or perk(s) then they would hit the same, assuming the perks are both made well. Usually the $300 tubes people buy have much nicer perks than less expensive tubes, and offer much more diffusion and less drag..an overall better hit, or they are sculpted and/or colored by the blowers, adding a lot of time and difficulty to make it, and making more of a functional piece of art than a bong. Sometimes the expensive tubes just have a well known company's name on it, and offer nothing that a tube 1/3 the price doesn't have, other than a label.
    On that note, not knowing your budget, but if you are willing to pay for the helix, then you could afford a decent vape. If you got a stationary vape (like the da buddha, for example and in your price range(look at the blemished ones on ebay for a lower price)) then you wont have to worry about carrying glass around. While they have glass in them, so long as you leave the base in one place you don't have to worry about it. The only thing you could break is the whip (tube), which has glass ends, but they aren't expensive to replace.

9. ty for this! :D that was a very nice explanation!. As far as vapes go, ive been entertaining the idea of buying a vape (SSV , Da buddha, Volcano). Vapes are foreign ground to me and im not sure if i would like a whip or the bag delivery system(although ive heard whips tend to be better than the bag delivery system)..i think what im going to do before i buy anything is head down to a local cafe we have here and try a volcano and make my decision from there. i love the fact that its so much more healthy for you, you use alot less meds than if you were to smoke it (although i think thats still up for debate as i heard you also have to vape alot more to feel anything) and that there are things like the vapor genie(dont know how great it is) but we will see..with vapes you are kinda limited on the cool toys you can get and hookups for em. i know there are also wands but those are silly because most will run around $300 but at that point you might as well just buy a volcano

10. Vaporizers are much healthier to inhale, for sure. The main harmful chemicals you get from smoking is actually from the combustion, like tar, and several other things released by combustion. With the vape those never make it to you, so it is inherently healthier, even if you vape much more. It does tend to take a few more hits to get the same effect, but for me its only about 1.5x to 2x the hits (so 4 hits would be 6-8 on my vape).

If you are a glasshead (like me) and don't want to give up on the glass I would recommend looking at vapes made to be used with tubes. Several of the whip type have attachments, but there are also models like the herborizer vriptech, and supreme (and also purple days w/ an adapter) that have a much shorter air path and are more suitable for use with a bong. With that you can still have all the same goodies and glass pieces even with the vape (though they aren't all necessary) and still have them for smoking when you decided to do that (or for concentrates). My vape is my daily piece, but I have to use it with a tube, so I have a decent tube, and I still smoke sometimes, and dab when I can, so I'm getting a great A/C made, and even getting a new bowl made for my herborizer. So you really can still get good glass stuff for vaporizers, though you don't really need it if you exclusively vape, though I strongly prefer to vape through a bong.