Needing some advice on the next step

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Spoonowl, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Hello all. This is a dinamed cbd plus that was switched to flower a week ago.

Trying the mainlining method. Not the most consistent canapy by only my third grow so I’m not letting it stress me out too much!

Not sure if I should defoliate the lower part of the plant as it starts picking up pace or just leave[​IMG][​IMG]j[​IMG] it be.

I’ve already taken some lower fan leaves and the lowest of flowering buds.

Using soil amendments & knf practises mostly

Plant is around 11 inches high so far. 20 gallon pot.

Advice
    Would be appreciate
    Thanks

2. What is your light source? What soil mix are you using? Why the curtain around the plant? And what exactly are you feeding it? 11" tall is very short for flipping to flower, are you in a short tent?

• Like Like x 2
  3. I like to defoliate while. In veg and wait about a week and then flip to flower. Looks like you need more mulch as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The soil is mix of peat moss, perlite, vermicompost amongst some other soil amendments, IMO #4 & bat guano
    Light spider farmer sf2000
    Fed a variety of alternating things like nettle fertiliser, aloe Vera, LaB, fbj, fpj, urb, mulched with malted barley, diatomaceous earth etc

Had to to take the attic tent down because of an emergency so now in my spare bathroom which I can’t fill with reflective sheeting.

The size of the pot made it difficult to move downstairs so I’m thinking might of caused some damage to the roots?

Any mulch in particular you would recommend ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. How long has it taken you to get to this point, with the manifolding technique?

6. I only grow main lined plants. I usually let my plant get 18-24" tall before flipping. I do defoliate as Taoist Farmer pointed out. One week prior to flip. I don't care for trimming or small lower bud. So I remove anything below the top 1 foot of growth. I run 2 QB260 boards. I get great penetration in the top 1 foot of the plant. You want good airflow through the plants canopy and with that reflective material around them your obstructing it. I'd also suggest you follow the watering plan on page on of this thread the first cycle in that 20 gallon pot.
    No-Till Gardening: Revisited
    I also use some KNF inputs. I'd go easy on the nettles as they can be overdone if you built a soil mix similar to the one listed in the thread I posted. You can use straw or mini bark chips for your mulch,whatever is easy to come by in your area. I'm not sure what FBJ is. But, if it's Fermented Banana Juice we don't use that until flower set. Why the diatomaceous earth? Silica source? If your into KNF use a horsetail FPJ. Your light will cover that plant alone very well. But,it won't reach much further outside of that pots footprint. I'd focus on that one plant and hang your light at the flowering height suggested. Higher to cover more plants will give you less desirable outcome on all of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks for advice. I was going to use the veg height to decide when to flip but circumstances have changed and I need to get this done.

I’ve only got the one plant under those light so hopefully that’ll help a bit. I’ll remove the reflective sheet for airflow like you suggested

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1