Needing some advice and guidance please

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by RELiG, May 11, 2018.

1. First time grower. I've done some reading here and there, but just never pulled the trigger due to where I live and my work hours/schedule. Now I can finally attempt a grow!

For the time being I'm growing in a small walk in closet. I plan on upgrading my space once I move into house.

Grow Type - SCROG
    Indoor - Closet Tent
    LED 600w Lighting for all stages
    6" inline fan + carbon filter combo

I'm gonna do a SCROG. Not sure on the strain yet.

-!- Nothing I'm gonna post below is set in stone. It's only what I'm leaning towards. I want opinions and input -!-

This tent pretty much utilizes my available grow space | VIVOSUN 48"x24"x60" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent

I wanna go LED on lighting for 2 reasons, heat and longevity. Would I be hindering the grow if I used LED for all growth stages? I'm leaning towards this LED set up | VIPARSPECTRA 600W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum

I figured the 6" may be overkill for my application, but I'm thinking futuristically as well and if/when I upgrade it will still be of use. I'm leaning towards this set up |
    PrimeGarden 6'' Inline Fan Carbon Filter Ducting Combo + Variable Fan Speed Controller + Hygrometer Thermometer + 24 Hour Timer Outlet for Hydroponic Grow Tent Ventilation System

I'm sure you guys get tired of all the noob posts and what not. Much like others, im sure, I just want this to pertain to me. There's sooooo many different variables that come into everything about this process. Someone may have the same tent, but different lighting. Same lighting, but different tent. So, if me and the next guy have some of the same products I still don't know how that applies to me because while it is somewhat the same, it's still not the same and in turn I don't know what kinda effect the differences will have. So I apologize, I just wanna get this as right as I can.

Thanks to any and all that help me out !

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2. I forgot to add. Budget is around $800

3. Dude I am in the same boat. I can’t make a freaking decision on a light. The technology keeps improving / changing. It’s hard to keep up with it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Its only hard to pick a led cobb qb lol. Us that use cmh dont have that issue.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

5. True ! lol I see you're in Oklahoma. Ready for that June vote!?

6. You bet your ass I am.

7. cmh over LED?? Don't be given me that fake news

8. from Tahlequah. Lived in Broken Arrow. Now live around OKC

9. I’m trying to decide on a light right now. Thinking of getting 3x of the Releandro 400watt COB to run in a 32”x20”x63” tent for 3 autos. I will not be growing more than 3 plants at one time. The spectrum is good. It’s not a blurple light lol — have you seen them?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Yeah I guess you guys and your LEDs love them but there's some good Growers on here trust me that use CMH also

11. You're probably right I don't get into the lights that much cuz I use the Sun a lot I mainly use mine too veg
    My summer journal

12. No, I haven't seen them. You doin a scrog?

13. oh I don't doubt that ! I just wanted to go the LED route so I could minimize heat issues, have longevity without replacing bulbs, and also less clutter with having multiple lights for different grow stages

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yes I plan to scrog. I think I have decided to go with a quantum board, even though I only learned about them yesterday. Just gotta figure out which one to get.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Exactly why I don't use my HPS anymore LOL

16. What's a good, reliable, and discreet site to get seeds from ?

17. The vault

18. GYO.green. That’s where I buy my seeds. Very discreet and fast.