Need your thoughts please

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by DaydreamSam218, Jan 20, 2016.

1. I know this is a rather deep topic but please hear me out. Awhile ago I found out by my gyno that I had pre cancerous cells on my cervix and she advised me to stop smoking cigarette's and now I completely quit. I want to smoke mj and I love it so much. My parents are both aware that I smoke it. My mother doesn't honestly care what I do cause I'm an adult, however my step father keeps saying I'll end up getting cancer if I continue to smoke it. Is this true?

I haven't smoked it for a few weeks now cause I'm worried if I do I'll end up getting Cancer. So what should I do? Should I give it up completely?

2. Stopping tobacco use is the best thing you can do for you lifelong health. As far as the pre-cancerous cell thing, I'm not a doctor so I'd have to ask her for more info on how she made that call.
    Stay off the cigs, anyway....Good Luck

3. I see no need to quit smoking marijuana. There are many studies about marijuana being used as medicine by cancer patients.

If you're referring to the cigarettes though, then yeah, you should definitely lay off those.

4. Thank you. I guess my step father was trying to scare me or something. That's why I quit for awhile. However I did quit smoking cigarettes and won't smoke anymore cigarettes.

5. #5 grasscoty, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016
    There has NEVER EVER been one single case of cancer ever reported due to marijuana. Scientists have discovered that cannabis actually kills cancer cells. Ask Tommy Chong.

6. Vape or go to edibles if you have concern of combustion being the cause or contributing factor to cancer. Or use a water pipe so it filters some of the carcinogens.

7. If you can I would buy edibles

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. firstly, I would NOT "smoke" it using tobacco based products, ie: blunts, cigar based/tobacco products

I would suggest vaping, or edibles.

cannabanoids are your friend during this time in your life
    🐜

9. #9 DaydreamSam218, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
    Thanks for your advice.

10. Make your own edibles. That way you can tailor it to what you like and an appropriate dose.

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I believe I have to wait until I move out of my house. My parents will flip out if I make my edibles inside the house. I'll most likely have to quit right now until I move out..... Thanks for everyone's advice however.

12. #12 ICGreen, Jan 29, 2016
    If they already know that you smoke, why would they be upset if you try a safer method of getting your medicine? Were do you obtain edibles? Ask your dealers, one of them knows someone. There are also a ton of easy recipes here in the city.
    Be careful in your wording here though. You don't want to sound like you're asking for a hook up, because then we would have to ban you. That includes PMs too.
    [​IMG]

13. #13 DaydreamSam218, Jan 29, 2016
    Okay, I'll be carefu;. I'm sorry. Just upset by what my step father said to me, that's all. Sorry.
    And I know people in my area of course but I won't discuss it on here.

14. Ask the doctor lol... "Hey doc, can I smoke bud? Not trying to harm my vag though..."

15. Yeah that'll be a hilarious conversation to have with any doctor, lol. However yeah I think I should mention it.

16. I don't see inhaling any smoke as safe (and I smoke black and milds).

If it worries you, vaporize it or eat it.

17. Yes I think I'm going to buy a vaporizer. Does anyone have any suggestions? I looked at some and some can be charged up and others you have to use batteries. Than there's ones that don't. Which one is better? I'm new to vaporizers cause I always used a pipe, water bong or blunt.

18. I'm guessing you want a portable one?

19. I'll let you in on a secret about cancer.. Its not always the cancer that kills you.

Cancer causes your body to do some weird shit. They battle it by basically bringing your body to the brink of death using radiation and hoping that it goes away.

There are many other things they can do to battle cancer, but the common denominator is time. Over time things happen. Over time, you could develop another disorder, while battling your cancer. So now you have 2 problems to deal with and the additional problem becomes much harder to deal with because your options in dealing with it may be limited by the cancer. As time goes on, these two problems get progressively worse until you develop a 3rd, 4th, 5th problem with your body, until the point where doctors are just dumbfounded as to what to do.. They want to give you medicine, but they do not know how that medicine is going to interact with all the other shit going on and it may make it worse.

This is one of the common themes of dealing with cancer is not just dealing with the cancer, but also finding a way to deal with it where its not going to destroy your immune system and make you get other problems in addition to the cancer. Smoking marijuana lowers your immune system, this is common knowledge. I am no doctor, but to avoid any complications with the cancer, you should find an alternative to smoking it.. This whole snowball effect with your health when you have cancer is scary as fuck and can get away on you quickly. Be mindful. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yes that's what I'm looking for. Thank you. [​IMG]