Need your thoughts on the double pls. my brain is tired lol

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by VexTheS33D, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Hi all. I'm just coming up on my flip to 12 / 12, and I'm using 3 rooms for my setup. One for each stage.
    So, I've tried to configure the fans to create negative pressure in both veg and flower (skipping the seedling room atm). I have a 400 m3/h adjustable temperature intake fan that currently provides fresh air from outside to both veg and flower room. First to flower, and then traveling a relatively long way to veg. Therefore I added a 100 m3/h intake fan on the veg room side of the tube to increase effectivety.
    568/
    The veg room has a 360 m3/h outtake fan going directly into the veg room in the high end, blowing in the direction of the flower outtake fan / carbon filter.

The flower room has a (i think, it really doesn't say anything on the fan) 1100 m3/h fan connected to a carbon filter and blowing straight outside.

Does it make sense? lol
    I'm sure it would be easier with some pics, but ill try to paint the picture.

The veg room dimensions are 1.60m x 1.60m x 2m
    The flower room dimension are roughly (will get back with this, need to measure it again). But i think it is 2m x 4m x 2m.

Anyway, my trouble here is not that im not achieving negative pressure, because I am.
    But the temperatures just get too high, and the splitter on the main intake fan is just not working out as I thought it would. The temperatures with 3x 600hps reached a steady 29-30 °C in the flower room, and the veg room increased it's temperatures to a max of 28 °C.
    I have 4x 600w hps in my setup, so it's not promising.

Optimally, I need to have both rooms functional at all times.
    But for the sake of saving this grow (which has been going excellent so far) I have decided to close off the veg room for the time being, and focus the fans where they are needed untill I can solve the problem.

So my question is this. Do I need stronger fans? And how much stronger? Which fans to upgrade?
    Would you change something to make better use of the fans?
    Or is 4x 600w hps just too much for the room, period?

I believe I can solve this rather quickly and at relatively low cost, but I could use some help on minimizing that cost by buying the right product for my setup.

Any theories out there as to what could help me out?

Thanks in advance GC!

Or

2. [​IMG]
    In my opinion:

the main stinky is always the flower room

concentrate on extracting that air

the rest will follow

leave all inlets passive have say a small relative inlet (open window? door ajar?)

in each room

the deal being that once you fire up the main fan in the flower room

air is SUCKED from all the other rooms to the flower room

if its too much you can then dribble fresh air into the flower room

but at the cost of the veg rooms becoming stinky

heres a link to the best ventilation thread on the web

Ventilation 101 - Growroom Designs & Equipment - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

REST BRAIN FIRST

good luck

3. Thanks a bunch for your reply. I did however figure out why I'm having such a hard time.
    The outtake fan im using is 350 m3/h. For a room this size that's barely enough for one room I'm thinking.
    The friend who gave this to me said it around 1100 m3/h. lol

• Funny Funny x 1